A few from the other day

Redpoll

Having a good scratch half way out of the gateway

You know that bit that you can never reach!!    We closed the gate when he moved back a little.

A grey highland, never seen one this colour before.

Stonechat, yes I know it is small, just a little way away!!

Common lizard basking in the sun

Lovely little creature

Today we have snow again on the mountains, lovely in the sun but the wind is freezing

Brrrr at least it has stayed dry even though not feeling like May.  

Will put up a few more later

Gaynor

Parents
  • Found him a shallower dish today aitch, an old glass ashtray recycled into good use!
    Waxworms only partially successful, they did pupate & moths emerged but never witnessed any mating nor found any eggs so I abandoned the experiment ... there was a successful mealworm farm at local nature reserve last year but required large containers & lots of space ... Reuben the hand-feeding Robin there thought it was a grand idea & raised money for reserve too as visitors donated to get a few each time to tempt him!
  • Found him a shallower dish today aitch, an old glass ashtray recycled into good use!
    Waxworms only partially successful, they did pupate & moths emerged but never witnessed any mating nor found any eggs so I abandoned the experiment ... there was a successful mealworm farm at local nature reserve last year but required large containers & lots of space ... Reuben the hand-feeding Robin there thought it was a grand idea & raised money for reserve too as visitors donated to get a few each time to tempt him!
Children
No Data