A few from the other day

Redpoll

Having a good scratch half way out of the gateway

You know that bit that you can never reach!!    We closed the gate when he moved back a little.

A grey highland, never seen one this colour before.

Stonechat, yes I know it is small, just a little way away!!

Common lizard basking in the sun

Lovely little creature

Today we have snow again on the mountains, lovely in the sun but the wind is freezing

Brrrr at least it has stayed dry even though not feeling like May.  

Will put up a few more later

Gaynor

Parents
  • Sounds like a great idea your local nature reserve had - maybe Leighton Moss should start a robin hand feeding experience where visitors can buy a few mealies or waxworms from them ! Think they did consider having live mealworms to sell again so will check if they've made any decisions next week when I revisit.     Seems like I have a GT hopping up and down outside the window telling me the mealie dish needs topping up  LOL       gotta gooooo ............................   !!

• Sounds like a great idea your local nature reserve had - maybe Leighton Moss should start a robin hand feeding experience where visitors can buy a few mealies or waxworms from them ! Think they did consider having live mealworms to sell again so will check if they've made any decisions next week when I revisit.     Seems like I have a GT hopping up and down outside the window telling me the mealie dish needs topping up  LOL       gotta gooooo ............................   !!

Children
No Data