Travelling to and staying at Cape May

Hi. I'm seriously looking towards visiting Cape May next autumn for a month , i.e. 2013  ( the benefit of being retired after 20 years with RSPB!! ).  Have you any advice , tips etc on travel arrangements, accomodation and eating establishments in the area?  many thanks. By all means reply offline if you wish to  john Armitage (  jsa@ornquest.plus.com )

again, many thanks, John.

John S.Armitage

• Hi-

I stayed at the Blue Fish inn in cape may-  price middle range and not far from anything- most sites within 30 mins -  but you will need a hire car.

Best book is Clay Suttons  Birds and Birding at Cape May -

Best field Guide  -  Sibley's East coast.

Eating out can be done at various places to fit all price ranges.

Cape May Bird OBs  website has lots of info.

We are probably going out again next autumn

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Thanks for this. Very useful.  Keep me in touch if you're setting up a (public ) trip. Place I've never been to, but would love to visit.  Give my best wishes to Trevor ( Titchwell Centre ) when next you see him.

Best wishes, John.

www.birdingodyssey.blogspot.com

John S.Armitage

• Ornquest said:

Thanks for this. Very useful.  Keep me in touch if you're setting up a (public ) trip. Place I've never been to, but would love to visit.  Give my best wishes to Trevor ( Titchwell Centre ) when next you see him.

Best wishes, John.

www.birdingodyssey.blogspot.com

Hi-    I don't know Trevor- normally chat with Tony, Richard, Ray, Sue ,  but I'll see if I bump into him.

CM  is a personal trip - Mrs S and I and a buddy or 2 only- it isnt  a destination I currently lead trips to.

Always happy to bump into Brits while  abroad and pass on info etc.

:)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Hi-

my plan for 2013 is October 2nd to 11th-  a bit later than last year-  more sparrows and better chance of finding a western over-shoot or other rarity.

:)

S

• I'm off soon!!!!!!!!!

S