More than 5000 birding sites described by birdwatchers

On www.birdingplaces.eu you can find more than 5,000 bird watching areas in Europe, which have been described in detail by birders from all over Europe. Als almost 1000 sites described in the UK. You can also add your own favourite sites, rate areas and select a top 100 of best sites for every country.

• I think it's a great idea, and a lot of effort will have been put in by enthusiastic birders. I had a look at my local one and the description posted on 16 January 2023 is sadly out of date with regard to the management of the site; I think it's important as the management will go towards the richness of wildlife and plants. Makes me wonder what else is not quite right.
  • All areas are continuously updated by authors, users and a team of Birdingplaces volunteers. Everbody can make suggestions and improvements at the bottom of each area and these are then incorporated into the text. The site is made by and for birders and that's why it's nice if birders report things that are incorrect or outdated