Central America Saga! More Rescued Photos!! NEW PHOTOS UP!

Hi All,

I'm pleased as punch that some more of my photos from my holiday have been recovered recently so I thought I would post them up....

Firstly, a Green Heron, which we spotted from the coach on the way to yet another hotel:

This one, a White Ibis, which we saw from a boat floating down the river:

In the same area we saw this gorgeous Osprey giving us the eye:

We stopped off for a pit-stop at a roadside Cafe and came across this male Green Iguana:

And, just outside one of my many hotel rooms, was this little juvenile Red-legged Honeycreeper:

On another boat trip we saw this, which I think is a Fasciated Tiger Heron, but I'm not sure so any help would be appreciated!

And, lastly, I think this is a Great Blue Heron, but, again, I would appreciate any confirmation:

You can imagine how chuffed I was when I got the photos back! I'm still going through the rest, so if you're not too bored I will try and post some more up......

The bad weather is giving me some time to go through them all.

Best wishes, 

Chuffed of Sawbridgeworth

• Oh thrilled for you GC, those are definately worth all the 'searching for' that you have put in!!

I also think the osprey is stunning might be biased!!

As Germain says not likely to visit there so loving seeing your experiences, the different birds are wonderful.

'In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks'  John Muir.       

Excuse wobbily dyslexic spelling!

• Thanks for all the encouraging responses, everyone.
    It's been really great the last few days or so, going through the hundreds of photos that had been rescued.....

And, yes, it did bring back all the fabulous memories of a wonderful trip.

Here are some more from this mornings' efforts.....

A couple more Tiger Herons, the first one, I think, is a 'Bare-Throated' whilst I think the second one is a 'Rufescent' - unless someone out there knows better!

And another Osprey shot, the same bird:

A Black-crowned Night Heron, whilst we were floating down the Rio Frio in Costa Rica:

And finally, a couple of flight shots, an American Black Vulture and, I think, a Cattle Egret:

I hope you like them!

I had said after the last trip that long-haul flights were over for me. But after processing these photos I'm getting itchy feet again!
    Currently looking at going to Nepal now.....the hills of the Kathmandu Valley!

Watch this space!

Best wishes, Graham

• More stunning shots Graham, awesome stuff. Just noticed you've got the vulture as an American black, it's actually a turkey vulture (note red skin and white wing feathers). If you caught earth flight last week they were the ones pushed off the sea lion carcass by the condor!

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• The cattle and great blue look like cattle and great blue. The rufescent tiger looks like a green heron with it's neck out to me, I can't comment on the others.

Brilliant pictures, what camera do you use?

• Graham your photos are always the absolute tops - is there anywhere in the world you haven't been?

CJ

• Hi-

first Tiger heron  looks like bare throated to me

third  one looks like Green

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Thanks for all the IDs guys, really helpful! Still going over a few others....

• What stunning photos again Graham, especially like the black crowned night heron.

Viv.

Viv.

• Just found this thread, and have to say Graham ALL your photographs are stunning, absolutely LOVE the Osprey ones, you should put them in the LG Forum Photograph pages so they are always there and not get lost in this thread.    Thank you for sharing them with us!!!