Qurum Park, Muscat, Oman

Anonymous
Anonymous

Thought I'd share a few pictures of Qurum Park in Muscat. The park covers a very large area consisting of manicured lawns and flower beds, A man made but naturally filled ornamental lake, a continuously spring fed wadi leading to a coastal lagoon and vast mangrove swamp area. Most of it is quite inaccessible mind you. It's the best place in the capital for birds.

Taken with the camera on my phone.

Looking towards the start of the tidal lagoon although the beach is at least 2 Km from this point. The recent heavy rain has caused quite a lot of damage to the reed beds and dumped an awful lot of rubbish, rocks and mud which they are slowly clearing up

One of the paved areas between the large lawns

This is the lawn where the Kestrel and Crow were having their spat the other day

The shallow reed bed area of the spring fed wadi, the water is very warm. Again a bit of a mess because of the rains.

Walking up towards the lake

A few of the lake, the water level is lower than I've ever seen it but the birds seem to be loving the exposed wading/hunting areas now.

A large area of scrub leading to the tidal lagoon with the beach at the end of the tree line.