Croatia

Making this ahead of time - the count down has begun and provided I can get off the Island this afternoon this should be finally actually happening.  a few years in the planning and postponed twice - I'm actually fizzing with excitement 

Cin J

• You'd best charge all your batteries, and take whatever electric adapter you need to be able to charge them again!! And in case it's cloudy.... https://www.croatiabirding.com/ Grinning 

Is getting off the island this afternoon the start of the trip, or you need to do something elsewhere to confirm the trip?

Have a sensational time!!

• Wishing you a successful trip Caroline, looking forward to lots of pics! Who will look after Bear?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Have a great trip, Caroline. So glad you are finally going after the Covid related cancellations. Happy butterfly spotting and loads of pics.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Great news Caroline and hope you have a wonderful visit and see lots of beautiful butterflies;

Regards, Hazel 

• Island?

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Have a great time and can’t wait to see the photos
  • I’ve safely made it to Heathrow, not without out the odd hiccup but I’m here.

Flights were being cancelled left right and center PB …. I think due to lack of crew more than anything else 

I live on Jersey S.

The Bear is on his holidays with my youngest daughter - they have headed off to the Isle of Wight for the week and he has already caused traffic to stop in Portsmouth and had lots of cuddles 

I hope there will be lots of photos to bore you all silly with.  I might have to grab a couple of extra cards 

Cin J

• Sorry you've still had a few hiccups Caroline but now on your journey to Croatia and the bear to the Isle of Wight ! Hope you have a fantastic time and the weather brings out all the butterflies and other wildlife and look forward to your update on return. Have fun :)

Regards, Hazel 

• Fingers crossed for a successful trip for you.

• Oh my goodness, I am home after the most AMAZING trip

Just downloading the photos - there are a few 1000's to go through so please be patient

Over 100 different species of Butterfly seen of which 100 are probably lifers for me, not counted up the birds, insects and flowers yet.  

The scenery is sensational.

My feet hurt and my right knee does not like me but I have a huge smile on my face and I can still smell the wild sage and thyme - there is every chance I may have fallen in love with this beautiful country.

The 2 guides were excellent

9 Spot Moth to wet you appetite 

and the insect that I have fallen for 

Owl fly

Cin J