Cranes over Germany

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't been around much recently. I don't exactly know why. It is not that I have to work more. I just don't seem to find the time. Anyway...: At the beginning of december, on on of my days-off, there was a flock of cranes passing over our house. We heard them calling. Maybe you would like to see a picture? Here it is:

And by the way ( a little off-topic, I know...) there are still storks around!!!! I suppose they will not leave any more now. Last saturday I've seen about seven. Isn't this exciting?

Just in case I don't make it here before Christmas: I wish you all a Merry Christmas, and all the best for the New Year.

With kind regards, Bente

• Hello Bente, nice to see you back on here and great to see the photo of the Cranes flying over your house :)   also good to know the Storks are staying around.    Hope you have a lovely Christmas Bente and if I've googled it right, here's my greeting    LOL ...........

Frohe Weihnachten und ein gutes neues Jahr     !!

Regards, Hazel 

• Hello Hazy,

your German is perfect! Thank you very much, the same to you! And a lot of strength to get along with all your Cyrils!

Yours, Bente

• lol Bente,  I'll trade you 11 cyrils for two Red Squirrels !

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely to see the cranes and to hear you still have storks. from  Frohliche  Weihnachten und ein Gutes neu jahr.

J

• Hi B, great to see your Crane pic, I have been following the Whooping Crane Project both here & in Wisconsin & found it so interesting!  Was just commenting to Hazel (in the Gironde Estuary) that it was good for us here to read hers & your posts regarding the Storks, do you have any new pics?

Hope we hear from you again soon, will look for pic of your Xmas cake on Gabfest ... not made one yet but have new recipe for a 'quick' version which I will try out!

Merry Xmas to you & yours & a happy & healthy New Year!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr