Kestrels in the Quarry 2013...

The pair showed up on 13th March & were checking out the nest - here's hoping..............

Have posted all I've taken today, unedited, as I'm so excited!!!  They both flew off & now Mr Kestrel has returned to nest & sitting, waiting like a spider in the middle of a web!  Just going to video him

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Don't tell me you've recovered from the insomnia -lol! Night..tight..bed bugs & all that!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Well folks, we are going for the big catch-up session with further pics of our own 'Royal Baby' who is growing at a rate of knots &, I believe, is not alone in that nest.  The most concerning factor is that there has been no sign of Mrs K for a few days - Daddy seems to be bringing food & keeping watch for hours at a time but, mostly, babies are alone in the nest.  And, this year, there has been a Magpie nest in a nearby tree with three fledglings which are noisiy around most of the day as well as the parents.  I can frequently see them nest raiding & just hope & pray they are not a nuisance to the Kestrel chicks!!  I am going to attempt a selection of pics taken between 15th July & today & a vid which I hope will be a simple process (silly me!) but, in any event, they are all on my Flickr!!

more to follow.....

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Stunning pictures Wendy, hope the lady re-appears though, and all goes well with any other chicks.

Lot to learn

• Got scared to lose anything so broke post into two sections (& didn't want to tussle with edit!!) so here's a few more....

Finally, Mr K today sheltering from heavy rain with his rather large breakfast!!!...

You can see the legs of it hanging down from the telegraph pole rung - most awkward...

And a short vid of this meal...

Sorry for lack of text this time peoples with names, dates & places but still not fit - see you soon with fledging news hopefully & where Mrs K is??!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks G - glad you're still enjoying the 'saga' !!

B_r_n I certainly am grateful to have this nest so adjacent to my house - good job too 'cos I would have missed so much action in last couple of weeks had I had to have trekked & travelled for it!  Now baby Felix has arrived & once I am fit & well again I hope to devote more time to flight & hunting shots!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Watched all day yesterday & taken up position from 5.00 am today as not seen any sign of either parent since seeing Mr K about 21.00 on 23rd!!!

A nest shot of Baby K from yesterday...

& a rather grainy vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8ndGrm90SCs

And here he is from this morning...

He seems quite alone in there & I have to be concerned re food & hydration especially in this current hot spell - would hate to see him suffer at this stage - if I do not see any parental visits this morning I shall have to look to experts for advice - have one or two ideas!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• He don't look ready to me D & they are just not around either visually or audibly - just going to get some advice on this - looking up Kestrel rescue in my area!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Spoken to all sorts of peoples & waiting on call back from Ark Rescue in Sheerness who seem the most helpful so far - just want a parent to bring some food for this poor little chick or, if not, want it lifted from the nest & saved!!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• What a dilemma for you. So worrying.