Swifts, Swallows & Martins, share your photos and videos here 2024

I don't think there's a thread started  for 2024.

I've just heard of the first sighting of a swallow in the Midlands.

It's getting to that time of year, when those hirundinidaes, or for the less educated like me, swifts, swallows, house and sand martins are returning to the UK to breed. We've read and heard the stories where the nesting sites have been blocked, off with netting etc, here we can share the happier moments of these birds in their majesty.

They can be tricky to photograph in flight, fast, darting around, up-down. flying around (for those wondering, the words came from the opening theme to Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines film, where a group of wouldbe aviators flew from London to Paris in around 25 hours during the VERY early days of flying, theme tune HERE),.

Why not have a go, so I'll start the 2024 thread off with, very much a case of grab the camera and shoot photos.

The link to last years thread Swifts, Swallows & Martins, share your photos and videos here 2023, and many thanks to Linda for kickstarting last years thread, for those who want to look back at the many photos shared, and all were good and most welcome to view.

Swifts, Swallows & Martins, share your photos and videos here 2023 

This photo is from 9th September 2023, the days when we has lots of sun! Praying for a return of the sun, soon....  Pray