The Young of 2024. ... share your pics here

I looked for this year's thread which doesn't seem to have been started yet as it will be a few weeks before we see some of the young birds ......

so will start of 2024 with one of the first young to appear - a rather cute wild "funny wabbit"  which was one of two kits seen.    Only record pic taken through window.

(Last year's thread HERE )

Regards, Hazel 

• What a cute start to the new thread aitch, many thanks! Hope you get to see lots of youngsters in your travels!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Who doesn't luv a wee Fluffy bunny ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Nice and early, and a cheerful sight to see, and it is getting near to Easter after all, and the Pagan origin of the Easter bunny.

I don't fully recall the detail, but a quick check on the web did remind me of some aspects, of which the Easter bunny was derived from the Anglo Saxon goddess Ostara. When you look at how words change in the way they are spelt and pronounced, you can see the possibility of Ostara evolving to Easter.

if ever anyone gets the chance to visit a proper Witchcraft Museum, it's worth a visit, in how folklore has evolved and it's origins. Forget the hocus pocus, it is about nature and the natural world, and JK Rowling has certainly done her research. That was nicely revealed to me when my wife and myself took our son to a Witchcraft Museum. He was fascinated, and kept pointing things out that were in the Harry potter stories.

I need to get out more.

Whatever, Thank you Hazel for setting the thread up and bookmarked ready for this years youngsters to appear.

• I live in witch country. I can see Pendle Hill from my house, famous for the Lancashire witches that were hung in 1612. They were just poor people who survived by any means they could. They used herbs and such as cures and were paid usually in small amounts of food. King James wanted all witches killed, and as everyone wanted to please the king, when a cure didn't work, the poor people became witches. Also religion and greed came into the mix! There are many elaborated books and films about the Pendle Witches, but if anyone would like to watch the truth, there is a documentary on YouTube called 'The Lancashire Witch Child', by Simon Armitage, the Poet Laureate. It is really interesting.

Lancashire Witch Child

They do still exist around here.... I've been out with a few ... Wink

• Billysdad said:
    They do still exist around here.... I've been out with a few

You do make me laugh BD ... much needed!Grinning

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I live in witch country. I can see Pendle Hill from my house, famous for the Lancashire witches that were hung in 1612. They were just poor people who survived by any means they could. They used herbs and such as cures and were paid usually in small amounts of food. King James wanted all witches killed, and as everyone wanted to please the king, when a cure didn't work, the poor people became witches. Also religion and greed came into the mix! There are many elaborated books and films about the Pendle Witches, but if anyone would like to watch the truth, there is a documentary on YouTube called 'The Lancashire Witch Child', by Simon Armitage, the Poet Laureate. It is really interesting.

Ah, yes, the Pendle Witches.....

On sensible advice I'll not comment on someone's misspent youth..... Joy

• Thanks Mike, I did look but couldn't see this thread. Bookmarked now...

Juvenile Robin in the garden:

• Talking of witches, Mrs PB is a distant relative of the Witchfinder General..... Explains a lot Grin

• Don't let her hear you, you'll be on the ducking stool this afternoon ... Fearful.

My 10th great grandma Anne Bulcock and her son John, were hung as witches in August 1612, with the other 8 other Pendle witches. I think I inhertited her bad luck ... Wink