In My Garden 2022......

Well I think it's time I started a new thread as the old one is way tooooooo long now but can still be found here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/206786/in-my-garden

Also the garden has been renamed Parkneuk Reserve ;-)

Hope you all had a fabulous festive period  and are all safe and well.

I have yet to venture out this year so it's just been me in my sparrowhawk hide (lol) aka Iona Summerhouse

So here's a few pics to kick off the new thread...hopefully get some new visitors this year..well I can live in hope ;-)

Jock taking pride of place in the Sprawk Hide

Had a mixture of sun, Frost and rain

Social distancing lollipops

Ringo hiding

Ringo after heavy rain

Redwing ...half decent pic finally 

And my lovely crows who are always on the look out for Jock!

Thanks for looking and hope you all continue to follow to the progress of my garden

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks ILR...one day you never know , just gotta keep looking and maybe a little temptation of a few scraps ;-)

• Lovely to see your birdies today, poor white pidge, his chest is still looking sore. Lovely to see Mr Foxy again doing his daily exercise routine! We had a lovely day today, nice and dry a bit sunny but sharp. Hubby helped me take down all the bird boxes, did some repairs, got them cleaned out and back up with new screws. The two tit boxes both had nests and one egg in one box. Got some trellis back up that had come part down and the climbers trimmed back. It was good to get out and get some work done after all the wet and windy weather. Just watching countryfile and the forecast, it is horrendous from mid week, gales and more rain! Looks like all the feeders will be coming back in again!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks Linda, needed to see your fox yoga again, what a lovely memory.

Lot to learn

• Best of luck--hope a female fox turns up and makes a nice cosy den under one of your garden buildings! Possibly should have thought of that when they were installed, Linda, namely built a cosy, dry fox den underneath one of those buildings before the base was put in and the building put up--lol! People do build dens for badgers so why not for foxes?! Sadly for us, we have not seen a fox in the garden or heard one so far this year, and since there is really only one good way to get into our back garden, it may be some time before another female fox discovers that there is a lovely den under the large shed at the back of our garden. We can always hope that if one or more of the cubs from last year have survived, perhaps one might come back and set up home here. But I have no idea if foxes ever do that sort of thing, or if they need to find a territory far away from where they lived as a cub. I have forgotten just how long ago it was that I last saw foxes here; happened to look out the front window about 4am-ish and saw two of them on the pavement on opposite sides of the road, both trotting briskly along in the same direction. Looked like they were heading to a party or some such thing.

Kind regards, Ann

• Thanks CL....pidge is too big for his boots...always bossing the others around!...aw thats great you managed to get outside chores done....my garden is like swamp land and I haven't even sewed one seed yet!!! Lol....as you say the week ahead is to be hellish aswell...as long as I make it up the garden to feed the birds that will do for me for now ;-)

• Fingers crossed Ann....plenty of den sites in the woods beyond the fence...they have burrowed under the fence that's enough! Lol

• DB_Fife said:
    That fox came through a portal of some kind!

Or  was  it the aroma from a dog fox scent marking.....

Brilliant photos as always Linda, and loving the trailcam pics.

• Haha...very well could be ;-)

Thanks Mike

• Look who turned up again  today with its finch mates!!!

Yes I have added extra weight to the base in prep for next two storms....

Stay safe everyone ;-)

• I don't think the brambling will be much use as a weight on the base!! Grin