In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Lovely variety of visitors to your welcoming garden Linda and so nice to see the Redwing and Song Thrush plus the GS,Woodpeckers; it's a wonder you get any chores done lol

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

It is a wonderful daily viewing gallery Hazy, better than any tele programme.
    Got the ironing done that was all lol

• Not bored Linda, just a tad envious of all your garden visitors variety!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Thanks Wendy, I do feel blessed. It was hard to just select a few lol Can't wait to start planting and make a proper wildlife garden...roll on spring time!

• Great selection Linda, love the confrontation between starling and Mr. Woodie, and also seeing the Thrush and Redwing, don't see many these days. Blow the housework, keep the camera busy:-)

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Thanks Gaynors, was only 6 Redwings today but they disguise themselves so well in the trees. The birds get fed before I even get dressed or have a coffee. Priorities, priorities, Birds, Clean windows and camera lol

• Lovely Linda, not bored me at all. I bet you need plenty fat balls in your garage/shed to fill up that fat ball ring holder!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks Catlady, its not so much the fatballs , more the suet pellets ,must go through at least1kg a day easily!. I have 3 sheds and one of them is just for my bird stuff!

• Only had an hour of garden watch today but still plenty to see despite Mr Sparrowhawk lurking around 

I now have a pair of Dunnocks!

Mr GS Woodpecker eyeing up something...

oh I see!....he wont stand a chance if all those starlings swoop down!

hes gone

Then everything is gone ....except a hungry Sparrowhawk

i see you!

and a thursh supporting a new piece of headwear lol

• Very nice indeed and not boring in the slightest. Nice to see a pair of Robins.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)