In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Happy New Year Everyone!

Well the garden is still covered in snow and the pond is frozen solid...that solid my steel toe cap boots dont even make a dent in it so it have resorted to just pouring some water ontop of the ice ever couple of hours for the birds to have a drink ans a wash should the be brave enough!

So here are a few from past couple of days...oh the sun has been shining by the way just hasnt melted much. Was -7 went I went out last night and thats just a tad cold even for me!

and my favourite of the year so far lol

Hope you all had a lovely festive time.

Stay safe , stay well x

• Hi Linda, a lovely set to start the new year. When I read what temperature you said it was last night I was going to say, now come on don't be so soft, 7 degrees, a tad cold yor you, until I looked again and saw -7, Oops, burrrrrr vey cold. What is the wee bird in the first photo with the Blackbird? Is is a Dunnock with the sun on its breast making it look like a red breast? Cracking photos in the snow, all lovely can't pick out favourites.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Hi CL thanks

yes it's a lovely one of my Dunnocks with BB

And yes it was -7 ......

Only been out in the garden to feed and water the birds today as it was snowing earlier this morning and I had to clean the feeders which I brought indoors to do for a change. More snow to come so it say!

• Fabulous set Linda, someone needs to take the camera off you before the whole forum comes to set up camp in your back garden!! Gorgeous fox, and the light on the goldfinches is sublime
  • What a great selection of garden visitors!! I get really excited when I see a new visitor in the garden, had my first Wren recently.
  • Cheers PB..hahaha...its glued to me hands ...I think it actually is these days well blame hubby for getting me spare batteries....thank goodness there is a travel ban so no chance of that for now lol
    Goldies are looking good...think am up to 5 of them now so numbers are growing

• Thanks I sure do ...we all get excited with new visitors so your not alone lol Wee Jenny wren can be a little tricky to get a decent pic of as she never stays bloody still long enough..I am blessed to have 2 in the garden.

• Linda257 said:
    so numbers are growing

Be careful what you wish for... in our old place last year we had a charm of between 15-20, that stayed for a couple of weeks, but the sunflower heart mess was huge, and the amount they went through was astronomical lol 

• There soon wont be enough room as the chaffia and greenies have taken over lol thankfully the goldies like niger seeds so they get that feeder to themselves

• Great additions. Fantastic to get such a close-up of the fox. It was probably hoping for a hot pie if it was -7C!!

Nige   Flickr