In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Thanks Hazel....how you getting on with your balcony feeders...any interest yet?....I wonder if any flowers will bloom in my garden this year after all the digging the wild life do lol Got lots of seed to sew just incase...I want lots of life in the garden this summer Wink I saw my first fluttering thing today...orange type moth perhaps...definetly orange in colour and landed briefly on a conifer
  • Thanks ILR, I get carried away when the sun is out lol
  • I sure did CL, thanks....the birds just look so full of life in the sun....under the 1st robin is a magpie landing...unless your seeing it in a different order??
  • A glorious day and photos, too. The Sprawk peeking out of the conifer is lovely and I see you have caught a levitating Goldfinch as well, but all the garden birds are looking great
  • Lovely pics Linda, good to see your new fountain being used. It doesn't take the birds long to find the new feeders, baths etc does it. I reckon the blue tits have the quickest noses;-) whenever I put out a new block of suet they are there in a flash. I ran out yesterday and tried some mild cheddar - no interest!! will have to put the cheddar in pastry today for them :-) Blowing a hooley (as promised) woke me up, will try and sleep again now maybe my mind will slow down after looking at the lovely photos everyone puts up.
  • Cheers Nige, The sprawk flew straight to the new water feature then on to the conifers...not sure what it saw but got heehaw lol...Totally different today , birds are hanging on to branches for dear life!

• Thanks Gaynor, yes the little bluetits are always fist to investigate they must be the nosiest out all the birds lol....Hope you made it back out with the pastry today although as you say it blowing a hooley!!! Am glad I filled all the feeders late on yesterday!

• A couple from yesterdays blustery day...not that you can tell!

poor RRB

And some from a rather miserable grey drizzly day today

Blending in....

A little ray of sunshine.....

there was actually a little brightness late afternoon...

I took this pic all excited that I would get many more of the wee yin and then the camera said "battery exhausted"

God damn you!!! Time I changed battery he was offski

found him on a conifer later on

another lovely visitor  today...flew staight to a feeder

and managed to get a piece of suet then eating it here. Never saw a thrush on a feeder before!

and that concludes another day .....

• lol @ "Not that you can tell"... poor beggars almost being blown away. Well spotted with the Sprawk, and the Goldcrest hidden away in the foliage
  • He/she must have been hungry Linda to eat from a feeder, just as well it found some suet to fill a gap in it's tummy:-) It blew that much yesterday that the birds couldn't feed properly and then today when they were having a good nosh in came a sprawk just before bedtime, didn't get anything though:-) Keep that battery charged, love your garden pics.