Some id help + pics

Made my triennial visit to Minsmere (not sure if that's a word) last Thursday.   Luckily coincided with bird ringing demo (unluckily I missed them with Bearded Tits and saw 'only' a juvenile Dunnock in hand) and also some friendly staff in digger alley.  Probably first time ever visiting I didn't see a single Marsh Harrier or Bittern, I guess being in the wrong place at the wrong time syndrome.  Plenty of other things about, enjoyed the Green-eyed bees (having seen other photos I won't post my point and click version) but also this Green Chafer - not sure of the exact species?

In the dunes nice Stonechat, Whitethroat & Burnet Moth

Also this bird now I'm looking at the photo not sure what it is, unfortunately it's largely in silhouette, hopefully someone might be able to tell from the look

From the public hide, I took a few distance shots to try and check later at max zoom.

Could this first one be a Little Gull?

Not sure what this is, juvenile or in moult?

Around the other side, tried to get the Little Egret with fish in mouth but was too early , Redshank was very obliging.

Nice coffee and sausage roll watching the Sand Martins finished off the morning, along with rabbit which seemed to want to use the facilities

• Your silhouette looks like a Stonechat to me.
    The Little Gull a will leave for someone that's in the know lol
    And the juvenile/moult is a juvenile Black-headed gull

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• I'll agree with Linda's IDs - I'm not too sure of the gull either though - it might just be a Black Headed at a funny angle (always awkward when the birds sit too far away! I managed to lighten your Stonechat a bit to make the ID easier

Glad you enjoyed Digger Alley - it's getting busier now and there are definitely lots of those whizzy Green Eyes about! It would have been me or Mrs WJ you spoke to on the Alley - we were both there Thursday Slight smile

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Agreed. Stonechat, black-headed gulls and newly fledged juvenile black-headed gull.
    Stonechat is one of the most frequent "what's this bird?" questions that we get at Minsmere
    Juvenile black-headed gulls often cause ID headaches
    You'll know when you see a little gull. They really are tiny - they often occur with other gulls and are only half the size of a black-headed gull