RSPB Minsmere allegedly misses Sizewell C Deadline.

www.bbc.co.uk/.../uk-england-suffolk-62929662

If this story from BBC local news is correct I am so devastated.. If this is the RSPB’s fault allegedly claimed in this local news and missed the deadline by one day. If this is allegedly true! The question must be asked how this could happened! As this reserve is arguably the best UK bird reserve! If this is true I’m really decimated and very upset. As I recently visited Minsmere for the first time in 49 news. And with all the other bad news internationally right now! This is just the last straw for me with this news! I’m so very upset if this mistake has been made by the RSPB themselves. I hope we hear from the RSPB themselves if this alleged story is true i really wonder what Bert Axell would say about all of this if he was around today!

Regards,

Ian.

• It's been a tough week for all of us who love Minsmere. But our campaign to get the best for nature in the face of the Sizewell C development continues. We are absolutely committed to this precious place.

We remain dismayed and angry that the Government ignored the conclusion of the Planning Inspectorate and its own expert advisers to approve Sizewell C. And while one avenue is now closed off to us, many others remain open and we intend to do everything in our power to prevent damage to this important site. In particular we will look at how we can support Together Against Sizewell C and Stop Sizewell C to assist and support in any way possible.

And we say again, these legal processes are most definitely stacked in the developers' favour, but we will not allow constant development to trump our natural heritage. In a nature emergency, a line must be drawn.
  • So it's true. How on earth did this happen? I would have thought that the appeal deadline date would have been the single most important date to remember of the last few months.

Words fail me.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I agree! For this to happen leaves me absolutely speechless and i feel like swearing. But i never do that! But i feel so very angry about this. How could a professional organisation allow this to happen! I fear the RSPB will enrage many lovers of Minsmere. And that’s all I'll say as i feel so very angry that this has happened and that is saying it lightly by me a Life Member of the RSPB and an RSPB member since 1973! I would also want to ask how this was allowed to happen. Even with everything happening this week! There is no excuse for this to happen. This should have been the number 1 of importance for Minsmere even with the Queen’s State Funeral this week on Monday!.

Regards,

Ian.

• The Queen wouldn't have been a consideration, Thomo. She was still with us on August 31st.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I’m still non the wiser why and how this happened! I would like to have a clear answer. Clare.

Regards,

Ian.

• Me too! Members deserve a full and proper explanation.
  • This is an unfortunate situation and I’m sure that with due process the reason for this error will come to light and safeguards will be put in place to prevent it happening again. But we must recognise that it has happened and unfortunately cannot un-happen. It is something that we all will have to live with. I’m pretty sure that there will be good people at the RSPB mortified as to what has happened. What I advocate for now is for the membership to give support to the RSPB and help the society to move forward and explore other avenues of action open to them. No amount of scathing criticism can change what’s happened, but support and working together can make a difference.
  • Freedagent said:
    No amount of scathing criticism can change what’s happened

Correct.  But I expect much better from the largest conservation charity in Europe.  We pay our membership fees in the assumption that this will contribute to making a huge difference to our native birds and wildlife, with the best people using their expert knowledge to the best possible effect.  I'm sure many at Minsmere are mortified but the price will ultimately be paid by our birds.  They, along with every species depending on Minsmere, deserve much better.

• Also what annoys me was getting this from the BBC TV East Anglia local news website and not from the RSPB website! I googled to find the latest news about Minsmere and Sizewell C and it was from there that I found this latest news from that Local BBC East Anglia News website!

Regards,

Ian.

• What exactly did happen to let this slip?