RSPB Minsmere allegedly misses Sizewell C Deadline.

www.bbc.co.uk/.../uk-england-suffolk-62929662

If this story from BBC local news is correct I am so devastated.. If this is the RSPB’s fault allegedly claimed in this local news and missed the deadline by one day. If this is allegedly true! The question must be asked how this could happened! As this reserve is arguably the best UK bird reserve! If this is true I’m really decimated and very upset. As I recently visited Minsmere for the first time in 49 news. And with all the other bad news internationally right now! This is just the last straw for me with this news! I’m so very upset if this mistake has been made by the RSPB themselves. I hope we hear from the RSPB themselves if this alleged story is true i really wonder what Bert Axell would say about all of this if he was around today!

Regards,

Ian.

• Sandmartin said:
    What exactly did happen to let this slip?

I have no idea. I only found out about this news this from  another website. Then after my question when I started this thread! There was a reply thar confirmed from what I had read about this story from that other website that this was true! But at the present time, I’ve no ide! why this has happened!

Regards,

Ian.

• Deleted on request.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Has anyone at a look at the Guardian in the environmental section which is very grave news involving environmental and wildlife laws in the UK. Not good news! If you haven’t seen that article! A very worrying article about the future of those laws!

Regards,

Ian.

• I've seen that article. To be honest it's what I expect from this horrendous government.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• More bad news here.

• O'h no Clare, for what I understand we are going to pay farmers now per acre so they can go back to ploughing up the land right up to the edges leaving nowhere for any wildlife, ripping up hedges etc again. Will we all have to take to the streets to get any sense.

Lot to learn

• I hate to get political, I don't know my left from my right really !! Why can't we concentrate on the animals and wildlife that has no voice, surely in year 2022 we can do better than we are. Saw Iolo the other night saying goodbye to a Corn Bunting, the last in Wales, brought tears to my eyes, and also did you see the Polar Bears getting washed off the ice floes as they break up due to climate change, too young to go in the water and therefore dying. Where are the politicians, left or right, or intermediate.

Lot to learn

• Although I’ve never voted and never will for the present Government or for this political party which is the present Government. Two interesting statistics from the past? The first major wildlife act in the UK was the 1954 Protection of Birds Act and was passed by a Conservative Government led by Winston Churchill in 1954. The 1981 Wildlife and Countryside Act was passed by Margaret Thatchers Conservative Goverment. But now a Conservative Government wanting to get rid of the strong wildlife laws in England and Wales  including all of the wildlife laws the Uk  including the laws  when the UK was a member of the EU. The Scottish Assembly have there own laws involving wildlife!

Regards,

Ian.

• I'm hearing rumours that the Sizewell C project is being mothballed. Is this true?

• Keeping everything crossed ........ very tightly.