MANTON BAY- MARCH 2019.

Mike, here is the intro.  Thanks. Karen

Last season Maya, the resident Manton Bay female, surprised us arriving back 12 March the earliest date ever recorded at a UK public nest.  The resident male, Blue 33(11),  her mate since 2015, arrived two days later on 14 March and the pair successfully raised two healthy chicks.  More details about the Manton Bay nest, including a table of the breeding data, can be found here.

Here’s wishing Maya and Blue 33 a safe journey home and for another successful season.

Some Useful Links:

Manton Bay Webcam

Rutland Ospreys Website

Rutland Ospreys Facebook

Rutland Ospreys Twitter

Map of Rutland Water Nature Reserve

The Lyndon Centre and Reserve Information

Chloe & Tigers Manton Bay Stats

Birdie Num Num’s  Copyright Notices & Webcams List

© Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust

Previous Threads:

Manton Bay 2016 - March,  April,  May,  June,  July,   August,

Manton Bay 2017 - March,  April, JuneJuly & AugustSept-End Feb18

Manton Bay 2018 - March, April, May,   JuneJuly, August,  Sept-End Feb 19  

• Morning All - thanks for earlier posts and links Sheila/Starling - what memories you have! I had completely forgotten about the bucket.

• Scylla - how are you managing to post such large captures? After uploading, unless I highlight and enlarge them, mine are small and no way could anyone make out any detail. Obviously I am going to find a test thread but just wondering if you have found a quick solution.
  • Good morning all.

Karen, I am just about to give up with this site now, it really is awful (for me I should add). I'm going to go through the Technical posts later today and see if I can get things sorted.
  • Morning Jane - please don't give up! From what I can make out from looking around the forum, lots of people are having problems. At least we seem to be managing to post :-) I too will be at the techie thread. Good luck :-)
  • Karen, when you go to post a picture there is a default setting for the size. Try deleting the two sizes and simply put 500 in the second box. Then post and see how you get on.
  • Jane, a lot of the solutions have been worked out by members. If you have a specific issue try asking here.....chances are someone has found the answer!!
  • Nothing to do with ospreys or MB, but.. Mike is there any where we know that Elliott B is monitoring and where we could yet again raise problems? I've been on my tablet/phone for over a week now and find it so frustrating.
    I was sent an email by the RSPB Shop site asking for my experience and comments. As I can't even log on to the main RSPB site, let alone the Shop, I refrained from commenting! Thank heavens I can log on to the Community!!
    There is so much still that is wrong. At least I can do a little more on my laptop! I shouldn't be wishing my holiday away, but...

ENS by the way and it looks quite bright.

PS  I edited my post and it opened under, and showed only, the opening post on the thread. Is that new?

• Mike B said:
    Karen, when you go to post a picture there is a default setting for the size. Try deleting the two sizes and simply put 500 in the second box. Then post and see how you get on.

Morning Mike - thanks for info and yes I see that.  I usually just highlight the photo and drag it to resize.  I am trying to see if I can change the default to deal with multiple photos.

I will play about on the techie thread as to not bog up this thread later as must walk the pooch.  SYL

• Re your PS. That happened to me earlier but I have no idea why or if it will continue to do so!!
    As I understood Elliott the site was being monitored daily by a member of his staff whose job was to pick up all the issues we raised, wherever they were posted, with a view to collating them and resolving them.
  • Karen W said:
    how are you managing to post such large captures?

Some of my pics come out huge even when I leave in the 320x240 default, so I really don't know...

If I have time and I don't want pic to come out too big, I resize it in my photo handler (IrfanView) and then set the width the same in the Insert box, I don't bother with the second (depth) box.

If I'm in a hurry I don't necessarily resize the pic locally and I blank out both the 320 and the 240 in the Insert box.

I thought you found the Photo uploading test thread a day or two ago?

Dragging 'n dropping is suitable for single pics especially (as separating a batch can be dodgy, in my case anyway ;) ).