Magic Moments at Leighton Moss Yesterday

Just wanted to share a few ( for me )magic moments with every one. Feeding a Robin from my hand in the afternoon. Cheeky chap ! Watching my wife crawl around on her hands and knees with her new Macro lens photographing Tiger Moth caterpillars. Being in the Grisedale hide with a hot flask and plenty of ham sandwiches when its tipping it down outside ! And last of all meeting a really nice chap late evening and finding out he only lives a mile or so from me and my wife
  • Very nice, Andy, I might call in Wednesday before the weekend it looks like its going to be a nice day.

Your picture.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Probably had the same Robin land on my hand today :)

Something completely different my first Broad bodied Chaser of the year.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Glorious Robin

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Great stuff. They make fantastic pictures.

Did not know what they were until last year.

Is it correct they change colour form yellow to blue or have I been misinformed ?

Been hard at work his week so not had time to go any were.

Did get some pictures of Saturn last night.

I was hopping to do the same tonight but some cloud has just come over.

The Robin was so cheeky ! Love those little birds.

Adele took the picture ! LOl.

• Very nice words !

Thank you for sharing.

Kind regards Andy

• Some great moments here! Thanks very much for sharing.

Great capture of a broad bodied chaser. They're a real feature of Leighton Moss in the summer.  It's the females that are the yellow ones and the males are the blue ones.

Keep the photos coming :)

• Thanks, Andy, I did not know it was a female until reading Annabel’s post so will be keeping my eye out for the male in a couple of weeks, I have a picture of the male taken last year this one was taken on the way to Grisedale Hide.
    Not had time to look at Saturn been busy myself getting ready for our trip to Seahouses but I did get yesterday off so went to Leighton Moss for the day :)
    Will have to keep an eye on Adele she does take very nice picture.

Thanks, Annabel, I did not know that :)
    This one was taken last year on the way to Lower Hide.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Cool. We will try to find a couple this weekend if we manage to get to LM. Adele wants to photograph the male. She got a great pic of one of those hairy caterpillars last weekend. Have a safe trip and a great time next week. And thanks to Annabel for the info on the males. Regards Andy
  • Nice picture of the caterpillar, Adele, took I saw them myself but could not get a good picture of one and I think I heard someone say it was a Garden Tiger Moth but could be mistaken.
    Hope you spot the male try the walk towards Lower hide just after that little stream you crossover a good time is later in the afternoon the sun will be in the right position they like to land on anything alongside the stream that runs the full length of the path.
    We have been lots of time and I’m sure we will enjoy ourselves I will camp out at that little spot a few times I told you about and see if I can get some nice pictures of the little birds :)

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Back from Seahouses, Andy, you can see a few pictures

HERE

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group