SPAM Detection and Moderation

There is more SPAM from Maurice Khan.

How does this happen? It seems that if a post is reported it is flagged up to a Moderator who deals with it. One would have thought that dealing with a user who has only posted Spam would mean deleting that account? 

Can you please explain exactly how SPAM detection and Moderation works?

• sorry about that. (we) arnt having an argument I was just trying to exsplain something to Thomo but he understands what i was doing and what I was saying now anyway. he did say he disagrees with something but I didnt state a point of view or opinion just used something as an example to exsplain so  he just mis understood so he didnt understand what I was saying and he  wasnt aware I was just useing a example to try and exsplain  something to him and didnt understand the message  I was trying to put out sorry. I didnt mean to act like I was hijacking the thread.  I was going to leave afterwards and hope the RSPB comes and answers your question (anyway) cause I im curious aswell 

• I'd like to know the answer too, Bob. Also, the answer to my question as to what code lies behind, 'flag as abuse/spam'. It is a waste of people's time if all it is, is code that sends an email/alert to staff. That  is an unnecessary layer (or two depending how you look at it), and a waste of people's time. It can be far more automated, starting with making it harder to set up an account overseas.

• I'd like to know the answer too, Bob. Also, the answer to my question as to what code lies behind, 'flag as abuse/spam'. It is a waste of people's time if all it is, is code that sends an email/alert to staff. That  is an unnecessary layer (or two depending how you look at it), and a waste of people's time. It can be far more automated, starting with making it harder to set up an account overseas.

Wewait with baited breath for an answer. Its getting a bit like last upgrade - a little bit of communication, a promise or two followed by no action and silence for a week or two.