Testing

Testing. I’m trying to reply to some threads and then when I post my reply dissapears: Then I try again a few minutes later and my reply appears multiple times.

Regards,

Ian.

• You have to be patient as there's sometimes a delay ... if you don't see your post immediately then refresh the page you are on to check if it's there, this should avoid unnecessary duplication for you to deal with!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• The forum has been slow at times over the last few days, likewise there have been some updates/changes to the forum software underaten while the forum is still available to access. That could be one of many reasons why.

• Well I do hope you persevere and correct your Identification mistake on the thread below Ian!

RE: Hi! I’m not sure what this bird is…new to my garden in the north east! 

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Well I do hope you persevere and correct your Identification mistake on the thread below Ian!

RE: Hi! I’m not sure what this bird is…new to my garden in the north east! 

You have corrected him on the original thread. It seems to be getting a bit personal if you are going to have a go at someone on several threads. Not the kind of behaviour I like to see on what should be a  friendly  group.

• Yeah I have corrected him on the original thread Bob but he takes no notice . I just think it's helpful if we correct our mistakes and ofcourse learn from them , also gives new people mixed messages when reading such posts. Just my opinion

• Yeah I have corrected him on the original thread Bob but he takes no notice . I just think it's helpful if we correct our mistakes and ofcourse learn from them , also gives new people mixed messages when reading such posts. Just my opinion

What really would have helped the original poster would have been you explaining what his bird was and the features that pointed you to that decision. That would then have let the original poster learn something.  However, you didn't tell the original poster what you thought his bird was, all you did was belittle another Forum member. Just not good behaviour to be hones - just my opinion though. 

• Fair point Bob but the original poster clearly was only asking about the Redpoll  so felt no need to try and educate them. Perhaps a will just keep my thoughts and opinions to myself in future as to not upset the applicant  ;-)

Oopsies I made a mistake was meant to say applecart  not applicant lol

• Fair point Bob but the original poster clearly was only asking about the Redpoll  so felt no need to try and educate them. Perhaps a will just keep my thoughts and opinions to myself in future as to not upset the applicant  ;-)

Oopsies I made a mistake was meant to say applecart  not applicant lol

They were actually asking whether it was a Linnet or Redpoll - you could have said Redpoll and why, but chose to pick on someone else. Clearly the original poster knew it was Linnet or Redpoll and would have ruled out Greenfinch for themselves anyway.  

• Oh I clearly understood what they were asking and that was already answered by others,    but it was Ian that then to me,  caused confusion which I believe should be corrected as could cause confusion to any new members reading the post in future. 

Perhaps I could have worded things differently but I think errors and mistakes should be rectified .

• Oh I clearly understood what they were asking and that was already answered by others,    but it was Ian that then to me,  caused confusion which I believe should be corrected as could cause confusion to any new members reading the post in future. 

Perhaps I could have worded things differently but I think errors and mistakes should be rectified .

But rather than correct any confusion by explaining (to both the original poster and Ian)  why it couldn't be a Greenfinch you just chose to be rude about it.