Galtür (Austria) June 2015

Hello dear forumites,

finally I've found the time for posting just a few pictures. My boyfriend and I have been to the Alps in late June/early July. Weather was just great. And we escaped the first heat-wave here in Germany! You will see some beautiful landscape and a bit of wildlife. Have fun!

Very beautiful meadows! We came just in time to see this. Two days later the farmers were all making hay. Beautiful to look at, but not good for people suffering from hay-fever!!!

Half-grown-up cows. All the cows are wearing bells. Very handy! You can hear them from far away, so you are not surprised when you go around a bend and stand in front of a cow.

In one of the valleys there were lots of marmots:

Look who is watching us:

I hope you'll like the pictures. See you soon, Bente

• Beautiful photos, Bente!  What a lovely part of the world.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Great pics - love the Marmot :-)

"Let loose the Kraken!"

• Wonderful treat for us Bente to share your interesting visit, enjoyed seeing your lovely pics, thank you!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Nice to see you back posting, Bente. What glorious alpine scenery. Lots of healthy mountain air and strenuous hiking.

Great shot of the Marmot which was no doubt squeaking at you. Are those vivid blue flowers Gentians?  

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Lovely pics and gorgeous scenery Bente, that view with the snowy mountains just behind is stunning.   Love the fox being so inquisitive.

Lot to learn

• Hello TeeJay,

you are right: It is good to be back, and the scenery is indeed one of the most beautiful that I've ever seen. My boyfriend now understands why I like this place so much. And you are also right with the flowers; They are Gentians, but not the ones they make the Enzian-Schnaps from. The Enzian-Schnaps is made from a kind of Gentiana with yellow blossoms, and the entire process is very strictly regulated. There is a very strict procedere of sorting out the people who are allowed to dig out the roots. The amount of roots is strictly regulated, too, and there is a strictly surveilled period of time in that the digging is allowed. Our landlord told us about that, and everything is highly comlicated. But interesting, don't you agree?

Have a nice evening!

• Lovely photos Bente, the scenery is just beautiful, never heard of the Marmot before.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.