How high can a goose fly ? !

Just found this interesting article on Bar Headed Geese which you may like to read ...  HERE

Regards, Hazel 

• Fantastic, what wonderful mementos. I feel I shall probably have to curtsy if we ever meet.

My only experience of Warsaw airport is waiting about 2 hrs for a connection to Kraków. How the other half live. LOL

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• October 25th 1993, the day Vincent Price died...

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• lol Tony.....  just call me Mam as in Jam   rofl !  

My other claim to fame was making coffee for Matt Busby and Denis Law in around 1973'ish when they came into the office to see the boss and I had to go back into reception and ask what their names were as I'd forgotten what they said whilst preparing their coffee lol   I was around 16 years old at the time and knew nothing about football.

And in Melbourne whilst having afternoon tea with friends at a one of the hotels we were treated (by a friend who worked for the hotel) to have a gander at one of the executive rooms only to find out Josh Groban had just left this room a couple of hours earlier;  we had seen his concert the night before !   I sat in every chair in that room  rofl !

post edit:  forgot to say,  I was flying on Concorde for two and half hours as we toured Denmark and came in over the Bristol Channel, Reading (probably your house Tony  lol )   and back to Heathrow the long route.        You should have seen me swank as I toted my hand luggage with Concorde silver label round to the Manchester shuttle connection  lol   

Regards, Hazel 

• Wow, is that right Paul - what a coincidence

Regards, Hazel 

• Hazel, We should have curtsied when we met you-lol!  Sorry--will do better next time!  Lucky you, to fly on Concorde!

TJ, We are under the flight path to Heathrow as well, and a bit closer to Heathrow than you are.  I did not need to go outside to know that Concorde was flying overhead--could hear it from the depths of the house!  But I did run to see it nearly every time!  What a noise, but what a thrill to see it!  Now it is more ordinary planes overhead going to or from Heathrow, except for every two years and the Farnborough Air Show--the Red Arrows turn over our house and cause me to jump every time they do it--the silence is suddenly ended by the roar of engines as they turn and head back to the airfield.  And some of the other jet fighters are astonishingly loud, too, but wonderful to watch as their pilots show off their flying abilities.

Kind regards, Ann

• lol Ann,  I have seen and heard the Eurofighters practicing over Lake Windermere up in Cumbria, the screech of the plane suddenly appearing out of the blue is always alarming !   wonderful to see.    Although not directly overhead we can see flights in and out of Manchester Airport most days and I find it fascinating to load the App for flights and see what flights are heading our way.  

@ TJ,   did you get as far as the Tatra mountains when you visited Krakow ?

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:
    @ TJ,   did you get as far as the Tatra mountains when you visited Krakow ?

Yes, I did, Mam. There was still snow on the mountains even in May and the lake at the head of the valley was frozen.

I got my one and only shot of a Nutcracker on the walk up the valley

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• lol !!!    

Wow Tony, those pics are wonderful !   Wish I had been into bird watching those days as thats a cracking bird to see.  Thanks so much for sharing these stunning pics .... now go sort out some more for me to see   rofl !!

Regards, Hazel 

• They took us part way up the mountain in these horse drawn carts

Pulled by these stunning horses

And driven by wonderfully dressed Poles with such characterful faces

We had to walk the last mile or so.

And the central square in Krakow which I expect you'll recognise if you've been there.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• wspaniały, piękne konie i Zdjęcia  Tony !   I remember the horse-drawn carriages in Zakopane and sitting in the open with the horses blanket over our legs  lol    It was March and bitterly cold with snow but the scenery was beautiful.   My Polish friend goes skiing each year, often in the Tatra region,  if you ever need travel advice, especially in Poland she works in the industry  lol

Regards, Hazel