Kestrels in the Quarry 2013...

The pair showed up on 13th March & were checking out the nest - here's hoping..............

Have posted all I've taken today, unedited, as I'm so excited!!!  They both flew off & now Mr Kestrel has returned to nest & sitting, waiting like a spider in the middle of a web!  Just going to video him

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• And to you j_l_uk & pleased you have enjoyed my Kestrels as much as I love to read your posts/pics/vids from the wetlands!  Mr K is such a special visitor, am constantly on the lookout for him & just have to get as many pics/vids as I can, looking forward to Feb when there should be female interest again ... & usually a bit of scrapping amongst male interlopers!  Watch this space!!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks for kind comment D plus the timely reminder about new thread for 2014 & link ... Would be good if Mr K visits on NYD & treats us to one of his gory meals!!! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hi Wendy. Have just spent the entire afternoon going through this wonderful thread of yours. Such a rollercoaster ride of events. I think you have done a very great thing with the rescue and successful release of George, not to mention the time and effort you have put in adding all the great photos, updates and video clips. I sincerely hope Mr K attracts another mate for the coming year (he's so handsome that I have no fears for that) and that they manage to successfully raise a brood of chicks. A thoroughly enjoyable way to spend a wet and wild afternoon. Thank you so much.

Paul

My bird photos HERE

• Wendy, have only had the chance to catch up with all you lovely people on this forum, as we have had computer and tv problems since the 18th !!  no TV at all and iffy computer connections for my tv progs and Internet, but my lovely hubby gave me an iPad for Christmas and getting up and running with it now. This is a truly wonderful story and one that I hope continues into 2014.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Lovely Xmas present to see Mr K on Boxing Day, looking well and it bodes well for 2014, gorgeous photos and video Wendy, as everyone says it has taken some effort to keep us all up to date on the happenings in the quarry so well done.   Hope next year is good for us all.

Lot to learn

• PA, CL & G - so pleased you are all caught up with my Kestrels & have enjoyed my efforts, thank you for joining in!

Coming up for my eighth year with this nest - lucky me - but only had decent enough cam last year just as they were fledging ... Was treated to Canon Powershot SX40 for my birthday & they fledged the day after it arrived ... great timing!

I really enjoy taking pics/vids of these Kestrels, such magnificent specimens & the greatest effort involved is getting good clear images as they are all taken on full zoom & I'm no expert!!

Looking forward to 2014 & I shall share what I see!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Wonderful pics of the 26th , Wendy. I have loved following your photographs and vids of 2013. Thank you so much.

• So pleased to have you in the Kestrel club BH, hope you can join us for the new year (if I am blessed!)

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Moving on to Kestrels in the quarry 2014, click here

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Wow! Beautiful shots Wendy. You must have been lucky to find that spot, plus very patient of course. Thanks for letting us see them. :-)