Kestrels in the Quarry 2013...

The pair showed up on 13th March & were checking out the nest - here's hoping..............

Have posted all I've taken today, unedited, as I'm so excited!!!  They both flew off & now Mr Kestrel has returned to nest & sitting, waiting like a spider in the middle of a web!  Just going to video him

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Well folks.......have entered my blue period!!! LOL  (this is what you get when setting gets tripped to 'for shooting under Tungsten lighting') - still a good record of George's continued good progress though...

& the blue movie.......(forgot to mute sound (again) & didn't want to mess with it so will let you all listen to our prattle!!)

The blue Walnut tree

Fortunately has a brown Barn Owl box which could afford him some cover after he fledges

An open blue view

A flash pic which over-rode the blue hue

And, finally, my 'piece de resistance' ......... if I never get another pic of a baby Kestrel then this one will do........ it will be framed & take pride of place on my wall - thrilled with it

'Til the next time!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks D - will trawl back through thread tonight to try to work out his approximate age!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• It's so good to catch up and see him so well and strong, Wendy. I can see why you're having the last one framed - it's wonderful!

• Thank you Wendy for the video and you photographs. S/ he is such a beautiful bird. I was surprised to see just how many chicks he was capable of eating for one meal and he obviously hadn't finished.  Your last photo is so adorable. I can understand why it is special.

• That last shot is surely the winner, fantastic.   Looking forward to more when you bird-sit later on.

Lot to learn

• Amazing Wendy, had a bad morning but this has really cheered me up - your 'pestrel' is looking gorgeous - how brilliant you are :-)

• That is one very adorable youngster, brilliant photos and updates Wendy, especially the last one with that Awwwww-some tilt of the head and cute lQQk    :)    

BTW, hope you are feeling better.

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks all - & Pud you're making me blush - hope nothing serious?!

Getting there aitch but is so boring not being fit (4 weeks now & quite peed off!)   Family visiting this  weekend - good - they can all dance attendance on me whilst I bore them silly with all our bird stories LOL!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hi all, Last week (after another sojourn in hosp) when I couldn't get to see my baby, Tony (who cares for him) called round with some pics of George K in his new flight cage which Tony had constructed for him over the weekend.  I have scanned these in (learner in this field lol) so hope they will post...

5482.2013-08-22 144300.pdf

5861.2013-08-22 144401.pdf

Will have to post this to see if it works so bear with me if it all goes pear-shaped!!

EDIT:  Works ok for me - let me know if you can open them please??

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Yes, I can see them just fine, Wendy, and he appears to be thriving. It was kind of his carer to bring them round for you to see.

Sorry, to hear you've had to be spending time in hospital and hope you are on the mend. I'ts a bummer getting old isn't it. Keep on trucking girl.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream