Kestrels in the Quarry 2013...

The pair showed up on 13th March & were checking out the nest - here's hoping..............

Have posted all I've taken today, unedited, as I'm so excited!!!  They both flew off & now Mr Kestrel has returned to nest & sitting, waiting like a spider in the middle of a web!  Just going to video him

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks for such hopeful news, Wendy. Thanks to you, G has a future.

• Latest news is that George continues to feed well & yes B-_r_n they certainly know how to use those beaks & talons as I well recall from four years ago when we had to pick them up off the ground having fledged before they could fly!!.....& no B_r_n not the famous golfer just my live-in gopher (poor bloke has morphed into Nurse Jackie at mo!)

LOL

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Phew!  Have just been thru the whole FABULOUS thread, saving many, many of your gorgeous captures, WENDY.  The thought of those two beautiful parents coming to grief is heartbreaking, but thanks to you Baby K has a chance.  Thank you so much, dear Wendy :-*

As you know, I used to have a kestrel nest in the side of my top-floor flat, and looking at this nest I can see how similar it is, even though it is a natural cavity and mine's a sorta cubbyhole in a wall.

IMAGICAT

• Just seen a sight for sore eyes ............... Mr K came back...............

Then he flew to different tree at other side of nest hole............

He then took off to go hunting over the airfield - I asked him where he'd been but naturally he didn't tell me!!!

Glad he didn't have to come home to a dead baby - they do say that it's not over til the fat lady sings & I never heard a thing!!!

Inevitable (poo) vid to follow, is uploading now!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Oh boy, have I missed a lot of this thread but glad to hear Mr. K is back again :)     I am only just catching up with the story and the baby George.... good luck Wendy and so pleased the male parent is back :)   great pics and videos.

Regards, Hazel 

• Here's that vid......

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Lovely video Wendy,  sry, it took me so long to catch up on all the dramatic events,   as I read through each update there were so many mixed emotions,  you did a great job gettng the chick rescued so it could be fed during the parents absence.      It's so good to see Mr. K back.

Regards, Hazel 

• Wonderful video, Wendy.  Hope the chick will be OK.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• A380 still very much here D - in fact it came into land just after Mr K left to go hunting?...

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Just been scrutinising pics & vid again & something doesn't look quite right to me - wonder if that's a graze above his right eye & something sticking out beside his beak on that side right where he was scratching???  Have gone through vid frame by frame & extracted some pics & will post so someone else can give an opinion!!....

probably just an illusion but looks awfully like wire????

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr