In my garden.....

• Oh wow , well done you Gaynor...as for sweating buckets, I was today too. I think the swamp land was killing my 2 twisted willows so had to dig them up and relocate...Pickax and and several different shovels and loppers to cut tree roots...all to dig 2 new holes!!!!...so much harder than the trees...there will soon be no plants left at this rate against the fence

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Gaynor, Do you mean hedge laying? en.wikipedia.org/.../Hedgelaying

Kind regards, 

Ann

• "Tell me where your secret stash is "

Going nuts without their nuts!!

Think this is a wrestling move lol...Tap out!!!

Not doing a very good job of hiding!

• Ouch, poor wee thing!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

It was all playful fighting .....this time!

• More digging out Linda? You're a glutton for punishment. Hopefully you're done now and can relax outside with your camera for a while.
    Thanks for the link Ann - yes that is what I meant, pleaching it is called also and evidently various styles, I called mine Gaynor style as it started at the top not the bottom as one is supposed to!!!! Well at least I tried:-)

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

I had no choice this time..had the save the willows!!! That garden will be the death of me!....I bet "Gaynor Style Pleaching" shall be the next big thing in all gardens lol

• I've just been talking to sis-in-law, should have asked her, I'm pretty sure she used to have a twisted willow in a pot next to her front door. Maybe that is one way to control them Linda.

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Thanks Gaynor..they have been fine since I planted them in March but lately with all the rain and poor drainageI have noticed several leaves turning yellow and black. Moved them up the corner awys from wind and rain so hopefully they will be happier there...time will tell....back to the drawing board for something else to plant in their place to screen the fence

• Linda, What is the size of the damp area? Is that area sunny or in shade? Could you plant climbers of some sort or blackberries or other fruit against the fence on each side of (not in) the damp area and train those plants on wires across the gap to meet in the middle? Sorry, not happy with that description but I hope you can work out what I mean!

Kind regards, 

Ann