In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• So as the night garden has been put on hold its back to daytime..and local lockdown..so no visiting houses for me

started off with RRB

Morning...

GOOD Morning

You hear me NOW???!!!

As you can see from the sky..wasnt looking too promising even though all you southerners are enjoying fab weather...it was so bad here Saturday into Sunday that my Gladiolus uprooted and I had to cut them and put them in a vase...the wind was terrible...not to mention the rain!!!

Anyways back to today as it was time to tackle some trees.....3 hours later....

I won the fight with only a few thousand stratches...never get into a fight with a tree!!! lol

Put me Squirrel proof feed out today as a reward asI miss my wee birdies

Before I got back in the house a family of 11 LTTs stopped briefly to say hi....they could have waited until I got my camera!!!

Finally sat down , coffee and camera and some sunshine at times

A warm welcome back to all my little coaltits

Time to try the new feeder

Yuck ...lol

I disagree!!

Bluetit popped in to see what all the fuss was

GT wasnt so brave...

And opted for a house inspection

Then off he went

BT followed GT

Overhead

The gulls 

zoom in and you will see plenty !

Hiding from the gulls ??

And we shall finish with how we started ...with RRB

Oh it was so nice to just sit and watch my feathered friends come and go for a couple of hours...well I was so knackered it took me that long to get up off the chair lol

Hope you all enjoyed

• Your garden's still looking lush, Linda, and no hint of "windswept"! Do you think there'll be a GT/BT auction for the house? lol Lovely captures thanks :o) (still only slightly jealous for your garden and birds!!)
  • All your trimming back efforts and installing of new feeder paid off Linda; garden looks so green and lush and all the birds making the most of it. Love the little Coal Tit who looks like it's claiming the new feeder with one foot grabbing it ! Plenty of birds for you to view whilst you deservedly pull up a chair and have a rest and a cuppa. Hope the weather settles down for you and you enjoy sunshine and blue skies. Lovely update on your thread, thanks.
  • Thanks PB....I have kept the windswept and flooded dead plants out of the pics...its on otherside of garden....Lol.."house auction"!!!
  • Thanks Hazel...rain again today...but hot rain lol
  • A nice set of photos Linda, good to see your Coal Tit, we don't see our very often at the moment. Thats a big Leylandii hedge, we got rid of ours decades ago and planted a native hedge row in its place and thankfully I don't keep it cut any more as at 180ft it took a couple of days and then I had to get rid of it all, now our guy cuts and takes it all away.
  • Thanks Tony..we needed something fast growing several years ago to block out what we once reguarded as greenbelt land with a lovely view...never to be built on....beyond them very tall green leylandi trees is a flood lighted 4G football pitch...used 7 days a week and sometimes the floodlights are left on all night...blocks out the noise from the school that's attached to it.....I keep control of the yellowy/green ones but the others..well they are what they are for now...Looking back yes we should have got something more manageable and native!
  • Aw well Linda ma dearie you know what they say, old age does not come alone, oops did I really say that!! Did it really take you two hours to recuperate?! You have made a marvellous job on that hedge, not jealous at all at having to do that lot! Lovely birdie photos, good to see the tits still in and it of the boxes. We have a nice day very mild an only a shower of rain, think the forecast is not too bad the rest of the week. That suits me fine as I swapped my Thursday and Friday working days for yesterday and today, so after tomorrow I don't go back until Wednesday, fingers crossed it stays nice so that I can get some tidying done aroud the garden not long now before the last cut.
  • Lol Catlady...well every single branch was cut to perfection using secateurs and heavy duty loppers and all done standing on a dodgy ladder without dropping a crumb over in neighbours garden ...so yes it did take me that long to recover lol ...Today the weather improved late afternoon and had lovely sunset......Your chosen days off are looking not too bad so garden your should get plenty attention...I hope my grass dries out in time for a last cut!!!!!
  • Very glad I don't have those trees to cope with Linda, you have done a grand job. Love the Coal Tit and Robin, good to see them return, fancy missing the LTT's, never mind they will come back once they know the feeders are around and Autumn sets in. I did a little climbing up myself yesterday, the hedge at the back needed attention and I decided that I would try and bend the branches, sort of coppice them, think there could be another word for that but never mind. I managed after sweating buckets, did both sides on the lane and in the garden so now just hope that they will stay bent and do what they are supposed to do.
    Never mind sit down, I had to have a shower!!!! Good feeling when it is done though!!!!