In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Thanks Gaynors, most of the pebbles are in the pond with the birds knocking them in! The solar pump only works on full sunshine so not ideal for every pond but am sure there are better ones out there. My dad has a pind in his garden too but has fish in his and all the electrics blew a few weeks ago....could they find a fault after checking sockets in the house for Hours...it was the cable for the pond pump! Hushed
    I have lots of little Coal Tits in the garden and they come to the window feeders, so fast and so cute!
  • gaynorsl said:
    Have to tell you Linda I suggested vodka to use for antiseptic to my son-in-law - well his face, wish I'd had the camera to hand!!!!!!!!!

How can you waste vodka!

Not that I drink the stuff, I'm more a single malt chap, which reminds, the old westerns, they often used whisky for antiseptic purposes....

• So after 16 hours of sleep! I must have needed it or my new pillow was just too comfy Joy  Got up to some lovely sunshine and as its mothers day I could do as I pleased...feed the birds, coffee then go buy some plants and finally get this garden started.

Ok a little bit of bird watching before I head out..

All the usual visitor...

Shopping time....Digging time ....cutting tree roots.....planting time...

Four hours later....some colour in the garden..

Little blue tit loves my twisted willow 

then this sly old fox comes to inspect...

nothing for eating...will just have a wee scratch

Hopefully the garden will take shape in the next....10 years maybe!

• You have been busy Linda, looks lovely and now you have a fox come to admire, seems relaxed too. Nice weather to be out in the garden, and you might find you have more time these days to garden.
  • Thanks Gaynors, its been a long while since I have had a fox in the garden, usually just hear them screaming at night. I forgot ...sorry I mean as I slept so long yesterday I left my capture camera out all night and it actually picked the fox up having a drink at the pond..can see its eye glowing. I wasnt even aware the camera had night vision!

As long as the weather is not too bad I shall be out in the garden

• Well done you have made a start to the garden. Nice looking plants/trees/shrubs. You will have it looking good in no time, some things do come along quite quickly.
  • Thanks Catlady...I must confess , just back from buying more Joy At least my garden will get the attention it needs during this very worrying time.
  • Thats all I managed to capture today

• Nice pics again Linda, you had more visitors than me, wish I had a woodpecker visiting regularly and also the LTT, haven't seen any this winter. My Robin makes up for some of them, he is pretty tame and comes to sit near me in the garden waiting for me to make my way into the shed where he follows for a bit of pastry or mealworm.
  • Thanks Gaynors, aww I have at least 3 woodpeckers! I will ask them to come visit you and cheer you up unless there are restrictions on their flight path! Thats cool your robin is pretty tame mines is off as soon as it sees me , the closest I got to any of my garden birds is the one in my profile pic when I was finishing my pond last summer, was obviously only a baby but it was so cute it looked like it was smiling at me.