In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Something like that Linda!!!

Not getting many Starlings in the garden just now, in fact it is quite quiet really, don't know if Sprawk is visiting when I'm not looking:-)
  • Haha!

I have never had so many starlings ever...used to only get 2 now its more like 52!
    Guess they all gotta eat! Maybe its best the Sprawk visits while your unaware !
    I think mines hangs around until it does see me just to say "sorry about all the feathers!...but you can take lots of pics while I pose for you Laughing
  • Oh and a few I managed to capture before I headed out to join the mad mayhem!

wee chaffi

my usual GS Woodpecker Dexter is his name

And the pigeons having a pool party

• After the hailstones and the sleet, out popped the sunshine and so did the Sparrowhawk! I actually saw it try to catch a meal but fortunately it was unsuccessful this time and then took a we breather on the pole...

Then she disappeared into the trees

So on Monday I had a Jackdaw...now I have 3!

Mr & Mrs Woody having a waddle

The silence one again!.....I wonder why....

Zooooooooom in...Ahhh I see you again!!!!

• What a lovely glare the Sprawk has! It probably takes 3 Jackdaws to keep an eye on her and, if necessary, mob her!!
  • She certainly does, 3 jackdaws, 4 crows and about 15 magpies and still she gets her meal! What a noise when they all start!!!

• Great shots Linda, she is finding your garden worth visiting despite the corvids,
  • Thanks Gaynors, Well there are plenty places she can hide and bide her time! I have some feeders in the conifers near the house so the little birds get peace to eat
  • Early rise today to get to the supermarket for some supplies.....Birds and squirrels were already up and feeding at 6am! 

Pair of great tits inspecting the nest box

Then having a morning wash together

The plants coming back to life....some colour at last!

So how do I know that spring has sprung.....The great Scottish Midge festival has begun!

and a close up...

But woody wasnt bothered as he pretended he was a duck

Mrs BB looking for a little shade from the sun

Sun was out that long my solar powered fountain was working again!

Little coal tit looking for Sprawk....

Ah.....safer in here

And Mrs GS Woodpecker...she doesnt usually come this close to the house but Mr GSW was also feeding

and last up is....RRB hiding from the mad woman with the camera!

• Great pics Linda, love your pond with the pebbles and solar pump, good idea I might try one in mine this year, at the moment it is an electric one but it is bound to give up the ghost soon. I haven't seen a Coal Tit for ages, love 'em, so small and beautifully marked.