In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Not much to report today am afraid as was too busy trailing around the shops looking for loo roll and soap! God it is mental out there!

Managed to catch a couple of hours of activity in the garden before the sun went down.....yes we had some sun today!

Little goldfinch...but no mate

I had this jackdaw which was unusual sighting as it was on the fatball feeder...first for me!

was back and forth many a time but the magpie and pigeon didnt approve!

crow watching the sun go down

And my lovely song thrush

Then silence......shes back Mrs Spawk

Its getting rather windy aswell as late! Must have sat there looking everywherefor a good hour! 

I wss even outside at one point taking her picture and she didnt even move.

Thst saying you gotta have eyes on the back of your head not unless your head turns all the way round!

this seems to be its favourite spot at the end of the fence

yes I see you and you see me...tiptoeing back in the house

She finally took off and was still time for a last minute nibble for a wee coal tit

and a lollipop

• Another lovely set Linda. Yes tried myself to get hand soap and sanitiser in 3 different stores today, none! More stocks expected tomorrow, oh well I may be lucky then!
  • Thanks Catlady only took about 200 snaps of the spawk but mmanage to only post 6 Laughing
    We managed to get some in Aldi but limited to 4 per customer. I think hand sanitiser maybe even more difficult as most shops here a have sign up on the door saying they have none!
    So good luck tomorrow!
  • Linda257 said:
    Thanks Catlady only took about 200 snaps of the spawk but mmanage to only post 6
    We managed to get some in Aldi but limited to 4 per customer. I think hand sanitiser maybe even more difficult as most shops here a have sign up on the door saying they have none!
    So good luck tomorrow!

A super collection of photos, and fear not, you're not alone taking a plentiful quantity of photos, just to get that one shot. I've been there quite a few times, but its always worth the effort in the end.

• So you have a Sprawk visiting you again Linda, great photos, they are evidently wanting to feed up just now, preparing for the breeding season or already feeding the family. btw if you can't get sanitiser what about lavender oil and tea tree oil, they are both antiseptics and smell lovely:-)
  • Thanks Gaynors, yes thats 3 days in a row now! Exciting times!
    I am more worried I cant get paracetamol now! My other half is a chemist so for sanitiser we use rubbing alcohol 70% and we dilute that. Certainly burns away germs lol. Thank god we have our beautiful wildlife to watch to get us through this awful period!
  • Have to tell you Linda I suggested vodka to use for antiseptic to my son-in-law - well his face, wish I'd had the camera to hand!!!!!!!!!
  • Oh you are an evil mother-in-law Gaynor! I can imagine it was like in Home Alone when Kevin puts aftershave on his face for first time...ahhhhhhhhh!!! JoyJoyJoy
  • Just a couple from my capture camera ....Starlings out in force again!

Blue tit is there...

a closer look...