Time to venture out........

So after years of standing watching wildlife come and go in the garden and reading what all you lovely people writeand post about the great outdoors I thought it was about time to get on my boots , grab my camera and binoculars and jump in the car for a new adventure.....3 minute drive up the road to....yes its basically on my doorstep!

Sun was shining, carpark pretty busy but excited to see new things so I will need your help identifying what I saw ....

Looking up at the sky......a flock of???( sorry not  great pics)

plenty buzzards(I think) soaring around in the sunshine

Then hiding in the distance....(my other half said they look like kangeroos!)

Time to search the water......(looks like a fake duck to me )

Goldeneye I think!

Then a wander over to the river to hopefully see a kingfisher as I have never seen one but had no luck. 

Ended up taking lots of pics of this duck but no idea what it is...help please!

Back to dry land and some stunning scenery

Who knew there was life beyond my kitchen window. Can't wait to get back out to discover more of our wonderful world.

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Och a think we are gonna be hibernating for months to come regardless of the weather Mike, if the news hypes up the coronavirus anymore!

• Mike, Apologies, I inadvertently 'unliked' your last post so quickly re-liked it again!

Linda, I 'liked' your post above, not because I'm thrilled at the notion of corona virus overtaking everything (I'm not!) but because I agree, we may well need to avoid being around other people (er... to hibernate!) unfortunately. Sadly, I can only believe that the idea of 'building up herd immunity' actually means, 'let's kill off all the annoying old people before trying to stop this thing'.

Kind regards, Ann

• Maybe just kill off all the politicians would do the trick Ann! Hushed
    We all need our golden oldies for guidance , comfort and wise words!
    So I shall do everything to protect mines Wink

• Ha, ha, Linda! If only the politicians decided it was prudent to listen to anyone other than answers to 'will this get me re-elected?'!

Kind regards, Ann

• Always nice to get a Tawny even if only its bottom! I'm sure everyone on here understands you take any photo you can get in that situation. It'd be too easy if you could get perfect shots first time every time, wouldn't it!!!
    PS the duck following the male Goldeneye is the female. I suspect the one furthest left is another as well.

Nige   Flickr

• First ever owl Nigel so I wasnt leaving without something to show for my sore neck dizziness after dancing about under the tree for a good 30 minutes! All part of the fun as you rightly say.
    Oh so Mr Goldeneye has 2 females friends!...nice lol

• Linda257 said:
    Och a think we are gonna be hibernating for months to come regardless of the weather Mike, if the news hypes up the coronavirus anymore!

Sadly (as I sit here, rain pounding down on yet another wet weekend) I fear you could be right.

However, trying to be upbeat, I'm putting to the test what a farmer I worked for once said; "May's weather sets the scene for the next twelve months"

He also stated that if we had a dry hot summer, (this was pre-1976, and yes, I'm getting on in years), the following summer will be washout, along with the following months. He was very right with 76 & 77, and also when you look at 2017 and 2018, a very similar pattern again!

One thing he always maintained, nature balances itself out, sometimes harshly, if left to its own devices.

• Unknown said:

Mike, Apologies, I inadvertently 'unliked' your last post so quickly re-liked it again!

Linda, I 'liked' your post above, not because I'm thrilled at the notion of corona virus overtaking everything (I'm not!) but because I agree, we may well need to avoid being around other people (er... to hibernate!) unfortunately. Sadly, I can only believe that the idea of 'building up herd immunity' actually means, 'let's kill off all the annoying old people before trying to stop this thing'.

No worries Ann, I think we all make that slip up from time to time.

As for killing off annoying people, I can think, and name, a lot of younger ones, mainly politicians, not just in the UK, but across the world!

• Unknown said:
    Ha, ha, Linda! If only the politicians decided it was prudent to listen to anyone other than answers to 'will this get me re-elected?'!

I'll vote for you Ann

• Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mike, but I'm not qualified to run for office, not that I'd want to(!) and making no comment about some/many who do run or are already in office 'cuz sweary words are (rightly!) unwelcome on this forum.

Kind regards, Ann