Beautiful Butterflies 2018

Waiting for H to transfer her Comma over!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• A few from recent days, this female? of the Common blue with weird markings

Brown Argus

a couple of Heath fritillarys, underside view

& a topside of another

from another area we had several Pearl-bordered Fritillary's which we chased most of the afternoon to get 1 or 2 photos

Weavers (Violet) Fritillary which were numerous but also don't play ball for the camera

Knapweed fritillary's were around too

Summer is definately on it's way!

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Beautiful set of photos Hazel, weather is perfect at the moment and glad its the same in France :)

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Hazy, we've had a few little walks out lately & it is lovely. I had an upset yesterday (literally) when I was walking too fast along a track with rucksack & scope over shoulder. I must have stepped into a hole & ended up diving into the ground, hitting my head & cutting it!! I was quite dazed for about 20 minutes before I could get up. All that to try & count some chicks on a hidden Storks nest! I have resolved to try & walk slower when I have the rucksack on as it's not the first time i've done this & it's weight always seems to ensure you fall over!

Best wishes

• Lovely to see your photos Hazel.  We don't seem to get fritillaries in my part of the country (at least I've never seen any!) so it's great to see the photos.  I know what you mean about chasing them around.  I once spent ages following a Clouded Yellow - the first time I'd seen one so I had to get the shot!  

See my Flickr photos here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115745582@N04/

• Hazel C said:

Thanks Hazy, we've had a few little walks out lately & it is lovely. I had an upset yesterday (literally) when I was walking too fast along a track with rucksack & scope over shoulder. I must have stepped into a hole & ended up diving into the ground, hitting my head & cutting it!! I was quite dazed for about 20 minutes before I could get up. All that to try & count some chicks on a hidden Storks nest! I have resolved to try & walk slower when I have the rucksack on as it's not the first time i've done this & it's weight always seems to ensure you fall over!

Sorry to read about the tumble Hazel, hopefully you're nicely recovered.

• The first butterfly to settle in our garden so far this year, my guess, a speckled wood, but I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong...

• Very few Butterflies here as yet, nit enough warm sun in this chill NE wind so is good to share all yours!

Oh H, hope not too many bruises, please take care (& more water! Lol)

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hazel C said:
    Summer is definately on it's way!

Lovely collection of photos, Hazel. I was struck when I went to Normandy last July just how many species of butterflies there were which we don't or rarely see in the UK. Very envious. Sorry you took a tumble and hope your head is OK.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Very nice Hazel.

POST EDIT.

And sorry to hear you had a fall its so easily done.  

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Thanks all for your kind comments, it was my worst yet, & my head hurts if I touch it, so am trying to leave it alone! I had a fab consolation prize today, a Marsh fritillary, only seen twice before & we saw it in a new area, not previously seen there, probably nobody looked before.

I hope it's it, as it's quite close to a Knapweed fritillary, which was my first thought. We had those too.

There were several Wood Whites

I think I'll be back there again soon.

Best wishes