Beautiful Butterflies 2018

Waiting for H to transfer her Comma over!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hard to believe spring is on the way here with Arctic temperatures and snow but I must say the lovely photos of your beautiful Orange Tip butterflies are a welcome sight reminding me that this cold weather is only temporary  -  maybe !!  

Regards, Hazel 

• Ooh, I'm jealous of those Hazel. They are usually one of the first I see on my local patch. No chance of that at the moment with snow on the ground and freezing temperatures.

Before the latest cold weather I did catch a glimpse of a Small Tortoiseshell (I'm fairly sure) in the garden, presumably one that overwintered, but it was too quick for me.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Great news H, amazing how they cope in this awful weather!  Haven't been out in two days but been snow free for a couple of hours now although not more than 1°C! Brrrrrrrrrrr

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Yes, this last lot of extreme cold has not come this far, but it's still very cold for the time of year. You all have my sympathy & keep warm at home!

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• I want to thank Hazel for sending up some nice warm weather from south west France. I went chasing butterflies but the only one I got was just a Comma.

Saw Orange-tip and Brimstone but they were too active and wouldn't settle.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I managed to add three more for this year's list. Not great photos but you take what you can get.

Speckled Wood

Peacock. The underside only which is rather drab compared with the upper wings.

I finally got the Orange-tip but with only half open wings feeding on Myosotis (wild Forget-me-not). They are bloomin' flighty and led me a right old dance.

Brimstones about but manic. I'll get one sooner or later. 

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I saw a few peacocks yesterday (and one of the Whites), but failed to get photos, and not even seen an orange tip yet, although last year they were one of the first out. So, well done.

Nige   Flickr

• Great to see the flutterbys around;  managed to see two Brimstone, 2 Peacock and 2 Orange Tip at Leighton Moss but sadly only had long lens attached !  

Regards, Hazel 

• Stunning shots, well done everyone.

My U Tube HERE

My Flickr photo link HERE

• Great shots everyone, not seen many at all so far, maybe this warm spell will have woken a few more up.

cheers  Terry

my photo's here