Incoming ! lol

Talk about being buzzed   !!  

Was  just having a relaxing walk along the upper bank at Woolston Eyes when suddenly the cry of a Common Buzzard brought this right over my head.   It was ridiculous as it circled so close .......... I didn't have to crop some of these as it filled the frame lol       It was very hard to keep focused even though I switched to tracking as too often it was directly above and I was almost falling backwards to capture it on camera.      The sky was so mixed, so blue in some areas and grey cloud in others.     I tried to get it with blue background but they can certainly move when you are trying to follow their flight .........

This would have been my best shot if I hadn't missed the top of its wing off frame   !!!!      I was already tilting backwards and in danger of falling over lol

Could somebody please tell me if this is a juvenile ? ....... it was sort of acting like a kid as it soared round and round and mewed constantly     lol  

grey cloud again   .................

you can see how low it came over the smaller trees and gave a real close up flying display -   it was awesome  !!     .........

Regards, Hazel 

• Brilliant, fantastic photos Hazy, just love them.   Full screen they look just so clear and the eye so visible, very jealous.   Can't help with age but sure someone will know.   What a thrill it must have been.

Lot to learn

• Can`t help you,Hazy but it`s a great sequence.Looks like it`s in agony after having 1/2 its wing chopped off. :-)

• Thanks Gaynor, it was an amazing sight as it kept passing overhead

Lol  @ Edge .......

Regards, Hazel 

• I'm sorry for butting into your topic  although I think that your photos are fantastic and that you were very lucky to get them. But the reason that i'm butting in is please tell me how to start a new Topic, I know that I have done in the past but now my mind has just gone blank and I just can,t figure out how to start. Thankyou

• Thank you all for the views and kind replies, I will put up a few more pics of Woolston on a thread shortly.

@ Hi Phil,  don't every worry about asking for help and feel free to stick a question up anytime.     There is a "help" page on the Community tab so if you click HERE and then scroll through, you will get to the part "Starting a  Thread" .   Any problems just give us a shout and someone will try help you.  

Regards, Hazel 

• Wow, fancy being buzzed by a Buzzard. Cracking shots even if you clipped a few wings. LOL I know how difficult it is trying to photograph birds flying directly overhead. I usually lose my balance and stagger around.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a juvenile Buzzard that close so I don't know if it is or not. Looking in Collins a juvenile has a streaked upper breast so my feeling is that this is probably an adult but what do I know.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Cheers Tony,  it was amazing getting such close views of this buzzard, it kept circling, flying low and was hard to keep up with;   they never look like they are flying fast as they soar but they do cover distance fast !    Thanks for the ID tips and help, always good to have a few great pointers.    

Regards, Hazel 

• wow what amazing pictures you've captured!

• Thankyou Hazel I've got it now

• Amazing pictures!  Well done.  Last week I noticed a Red Kite circling above my house..  ran indoors... grabbed camera... rushed back into garden.... Gone :(   In less than 10 seconds it was nowhere to be seen in the sky.  So who cares if you chopped a bit of a wing off, at least you got "a bird"  :)