Clare, Limpy, Aiki and Shane's Forumite meet up at Rainham Marshes.

• In reply to aiki:

It's not letting me post any more pictures, Aiki.  I tried to post eight the first time around and none of them appeared.  What can be seen at the moment are the result of my posting them one at a time, but the last one I tried refused to appear after three attempts.  It's just as well Limpy's asleep!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Finally got the last two on!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Worth waiting for - lovely Robin, and the tangled sparrow made me laugh :)

My blog: http://mazzaswildside.blogspot.co.uk/

My Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/124028194@N04/

• In reply to aiki:

I did manage to get a few pictures of wildlife in the water as well as out of it:

Catching some Z's!

A marsh frog practising its anti-heron technique!

A grey heron on the lookout

On the prowl

A quick bath!

Uh-oh, here comes trouble!

An unmistakeable lapwing

Tiptoeing past the sleeping giant!

I've come to the conclusion that lapwings think big!

Was it something I said?????

A very coot chick!

MUUUM!

I'm coming.......

Pochard enjoying the peace and quiet.

A quietly beautiful gadwall.

• In reply to Birdie Wild:

Great reports and photos again, guys. Glad you all had a great day out. Sorry I couldn't join you. But I also had a great day out!

My Blog!

My Flickr!

• In reply to GrahamC:

Glad you all had a lovely day - really enjoyed reading the report and looking at all your photos.  I can't think of anything nicer than going off to hunt wildlife with like-minded people!

See my Flickr photos here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115745582@N04/

• In reply to doggie:

Brilliant photos, such a good variety. A good day all round it seemed :)

Cheers, Jason

• In reply to Jason:

Excellent photos from you all and lovely to see the cuckoos! Not even heard one yet this year.... :-(

"All weeds are flowers, once you get to know them" (Eeyore)

My photos on Flickr

• In reply to Rockwolf:

First of all a very big thank you to Shane and Aiki for arranging to meet Clare and I at Rainham Marshes.

I found RM a wonderful place to visit and with two lovely people to show us around some really great wildlife what more could you ask for?  It was a perfect day out.

As this car's number plate says the day certainly had the

Factor!

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• In reply to Limpy:

Great report and great pictures from you all. I think I must the only one within range of Rainham that hasn't been there yet.

Wonderful shot of the Cuckoo in flight. That's a bird I've never managed to photograph. Love the Marsh frog video. I know when I first heard them calling on one of my European trips some years ago, I couldn't think what on earth it was. I didn't really appreciate that they'd become established in the UK.

Glad you all had a good day.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream