A rainy day out on the Reserve.

Last Saturday the weather forecast wasn't great but with my wife out with a friend I thought I'd head for Minsmere for the day. I was a good job we were both out all day as a burst pipe in the high street meant no water at home until gone midnight.

My first stop was Island Mere and right in front of the hide a Reed Bunting doing an impression of a Wader.

Followed by a Pied Wagtail.

A Snipe close to the hide and in the open.

These are my best views of a Marsh Harrier with it's wing tags showing FL.

A Coot deciding to join it's mates in the middle of the Mere.

After a leisurely cup of tea and cheese scone back at the Visitor Centre while it rained I went to Bittern Hide. With many more Marsh Harrier fly pasts.

Then a Male and two Female Goosanders appeared at the back of the lagoon, they stayed for quite a while but never got very close.

Two more Marsh Harriers interacting over the reeds.

By now I was very cold, I'd miss read the weather forecast and had gone out somewhat under dressed and decided to head home to thaw out. A good day was had and I had a good chat with two new "friends" at Island Mere and at Bittern Hide bumped into a chap I've meet quite a few times at Minsmere over the years, it was good talking to you Eddie if you see this.

Best Wishes,

Trevor

Parents
  • Hope you don't mind Trevor am just having yet another look at you fabulous pics
    Very quiet on here nowadays am afraid and now it's Osprey time again...please keep posting as I appreciate your time and photos.....even if a do need to wade through pages to find them lol
    Keep up the good work ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Hope you don't mind Trevor am just having yet another look at you fabulous pics
    Very quiet on here nowadays am afraid and now it's Osprey time again...please keep posting as I appreciate your time and photos.....even if a do need to wade through pages to find them lol
    Keep up the good work ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

Children