Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

I walked to my small town yesterday to visit the post office and the grocery store. At the top of the hill, I looked up to see R.T. Hawk's mate circling above me. I was glad to see that she made it through the long winter and looks well.

Spring isn't here yet. When I woke up this morning, the temperature was 12F; that's 11 below zero C. The "feels like" temp (wind chill) was 4 below zero F; that's 20 below zero C. In defiance, though, the trees on my patch are budding out.

Take care, all.

Parents
  • Good morning, everyone. Another lovely day out there ... I now think spring has really arrived. Had a lovely walk around the gardens at Standen yesterday. They lost lots of trees in the storms, but it has certainly opened up some areas so hopefully other things will thrive. Daffodils were lovely, but not as good as Hever earlier in the week - that even made the national news, deservedly so!

Have a good day, everyone. I will be 'attending' an online all-day training day, so while everyone else is enjoying the sunshine I will be sitting with my computer on my lap looking longingly out of the window! Might manage a ten-minute dash outside during the lunch break ... but as that's only a mean 45 minutes, I may not have time. Hey ho ...
  • Good morning, everyone. Another lovely day out there ... I now think spring has really arrived. Had a lovely walk around the gardens at Standen yesterday. They lost lots of trees in the storms, but it has certainly opened up some areas so hopefully other things will thrive. Daffodils were lovely, but not as good as Hever earlier in the week - that even made the national news, deservedly so!

Have a good day, everyone. I will be 'attending' an online all-day training day, so while everyone else is enjoying the sunshine I will be sitting with my computer on my lap looking longingly out of the window! Might manage a ten-minute dash outside during the lunch break ... but as that's only a mean 45 minutes, I may not have time. Hey ho ...
Children
No Data