Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

I walked to my small town yesterday to visit the post office and the grocery store. At the top of the hill, I looked up to see R.T. Hawk's mate circling above me. I was glad to see that she made it through the long winter and looks well.

Spring isn't here yet. When I woke up this morning, the temperature was 12F; that's 11 below zero C. The "feels like" temp (wind chill) was 4 below zero F; that's 20 below zero C. In defiance, though, the trees on my patch are budding out.

Take care, all.

• Hello, Terry! And welcome!

We are still keeping in touch on here, after all this time. Its a nice crowd - join us!
  • Good morning LINDA. Sun is about to rise here!
    Hope you both get good night's sleep.
  • Thanks AQ. Just relaxing by the TV before an early night!
    Had a dinner from the freezer, with microwaved rice. My OH is still walking the dog twice a day, but only for a short walk.

Have a good day!!

• Good idea to have lazy dinner (as I would call it). A "chilly" 16 C this morn, climbing to 29 C later.
  • Haven't been on for a while. A lady from the Falls Team came to assess me on Monday and they are going to provide some aids to help me along. such as a board to sit on the bath so I can sit whilst showering, a half step to our front door as it is a steep step in and also a 4 wheel walker with seat to help with my walking. All in all a fruitful outcome so am awaiting delivery and will see how it goes.

Son and d-in-l are taking me out for lunch on Saturday as they are both away on Mothering Sunday. Dau away for the weekend at a friends so it will be the first weekend on my own since OH passed away, will feel strange having no-one else in the house but somehow will get through it.

Do hope that all of you are keeping well and enjoying life without too much upset. Nice to hear that at least 2 of our ospreys are back.

Take care all and have a good weekend.
  • Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EAGLE EYE
  • Lindybird - do hope OH isn't too bad with the virus. Pity you had to call off weekend visit to son but hopefully can reschedule it.

An old friend from my home village (she's lived in Northampton for many years now, was teaching but is now retired) came round to see me on Tuesday. It was lovely to catch up as we hadn't met for 2 years due to Covid.

TerryM nice to hear from you again. Welcome back.
  • Lynette:  Be sure to pop in here on Sunday if you feel like you need a hug or two!

Terry:  Hallo there.  Yes, re our group - the more things change, etc., etc.  Hope you and yours have been  keeping well.  

G-daughter and  Ms. D survived the zip lines - even the very high ones.  Everyone safely back home now.  

Have a good Friday everyone.

• TerryM!
    So nice to see you on here. Glad you could access the thread. Hope you enjoy the new nest and camera. Pop in here anytime.
  • Lynette: Glad the Falls Team could offer you some help. Enjoy your meal on Saturday. I hope you will cope well with your weekend on your own. I live alone, and I find it very helpful to leave the radio or TV on, just so the silence here in the woods doesn't bother me. I even leave the BBC World Service on all night (I think Heather does, too). As Annette said, pop in here for encouragement. Take care.