NEWS FROM OTHER NESTS - 2022

News from Other Nests 2021

CAPTIVA OSPREYS - Andy & Lena

I'd been posting in "Forum Friends", here's a snap brought over, for the sake of starting this thread with something!

IMAGICAT

• 24 June

70 files today so here are just a couple of snaps to show the chicks survive!

Unseen intruder:

Chicks all zonked at closing time:

IMAGICAT

• The female  is shouting loudly and insistently for fish One of the chicks is trying to help

C Alyth

• Alyth

Constant buffering once the cam has run a few seconds - a feed going on just now... no, probably an hour ago cos I got digressed after posting it:

Tweed Valley

Multi-fragments again today, I had to switch it off mid-afternoon.

In the afternoon the cam was on zoom, the front of the nest out of frame.

She flew off, brought back tiny clumps, and that's the last I've got:

IMAGICAT

• 28 June

Visarend, Nl Hugging

Checking in this morning after months ignored - it looks as tho they're having another successful season - whoever they are - there are 3 chicks on the nest but it's too wet & misty to see them clearly:

It suddenly cleared, I think the sun came out - the third chick is huddled behind the 2 being fed - no-one looks starving:

Alyth

The cam has been down since about 20:20 last evening.  There are still 3 chicks, here's one having a good flap - I don't know if they will be ringed but it looks about time:

Tweed Valley

I got 2+ hours up to closing time - the female was warding off an unseen intruder:

Luckily for us, a fish was brought in just before the end of the online day:

IMAGICAT

• Tweed Valley

This is a different view!

©TVOP

• 28 June

Tweed Valley

What a serendipitous day!  Seven clips conaining 3 fish Grin 

Just after the start, FISH #1

FISH #2:

At that point, we were suddenly treated to the long view - during which time I noticed a small white birdie fly away downwards from the nest - but on closer inspection it turned out to be a chick poop showing up even at that distance Rofl 

I haven't attempted to show it in a snap.

And it stayed like that for the rest of the day, except for a very, very slightly closer view for a short while only.

A couple of minutes before closing time, FISH #3:

Alyth

I'm not downloading it, but here were 3 chicks getting fed a little while ago:

Oh yes I did, I manually downloaded a 6-hour session, from which can be seen that Mama stayed with the chicks nearly all the time and that the weather was horrid.

IMAGICAT

• "Cherry picker" working at Aleth SSEN:

IMAGICAT

• 29 June

Tweed Valley

Oh dear, what a fragmented day - I'm not checking all the framents, therefore I don't have Dad or a fish.

Raining, Mama had popped down from the perch to shelter the chicks:

All up kinda preening at lunchtime:

All present at closing time:

IMAGICAT

• 30 June

Tweed Valley

All was well at lunchtime:

IMAGICAT