• Unknown said:
    News of Tweed Valley tracked birds.
    Megget is OK fishing in the Rio Omana in northern Spain
    Talla - no further signals

Thanks Alan, great to get news of Megget, fingers crossed for Talla. Such a hazardous time, migration, unfortunately usually because of us humans.

• Captiva, Florida

Apparently the pair has returned early, they're bonding and nestorising.

I can't remember exactly, but I think the past 2 years their hatchlings have been taken by corvids.  The cam operator says that if eggs hatch this season they will close down the cam until the osplets are past meal-size, keeping would-be watchers informed.  I shan't be following it but recorded some footage this past couple of days.

Female tripping while nestorising:

The messiness of the nest shows up at nighttime - as do some creepy-crawlies (mini-crabs? spiders?) but not well enough to snap:

EDIT - vid showing lizard and crab - there may also have been a tree frog or two but I'm not doing those:

• Loved the video !! very special to have caught that. thanks Scylla
  • I forgot that I'd posted Captiva in here and have since posted more in the free-for-all thread.  From now on I'll put them in this restarted thread 2022.

Meanwhile...

JUNE 2021 - The short-lived albino Osprey chick in Urdaibai, Basque Country. 

I've been saving the original 3 days' worth of footage until I could find the time and emotional space to produce a video, and here it is - half an hour covering the 3 days.

THREAD CLOSED

See 2022 thread