Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 July 2020

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Stay healthy, all.

--------------------------------

Here's a repeat of my post at the end of last week's thread:

Hi, folks. I'm late in posting this, but for all of you who are still around tonight (4 July): 

HAPPY FULL MOON and LUNAR ECLIPSE!

The moon turns full at:

5:44 a.m. tomorrow morning (5 July) in U.K.
12:44 a.m. tonight in Indiana
11:44 a.m. tonight (July 4) in Iowa
9:44 a.m. tonight (July 4) in California 
2:14 p.m. on July 5 in Adelaide, Australia

ALSO: a Penumbral Lunar Eclipse is visible (July 4-5) in the U.S. and also in the U.K. Go to this link to find the times that the eclipse begins, reaches maximum, and ends in your area. Just insert your city in the search box in the right column to see your own local times. SEE HERE

Everyone have a good evening!!!

• A few flowers from our garden for AQ.

• Beautiful rose with raindrops - I like the others as well, but that's my favourite. Thank you for sharing them, Lindy.
  • I think I found my brain - now need to re-establish the link with my fingers - hoping to be back later!
    (By the way - lovely flowers!)
  • Hope that now you've found your brain, it's in working order, OG.

All the flowers have raindrops on them, by the way!! But I agree that on the rose it's the prettiest. Did my ironing this morning to keep warm, it's really not very July here.

Sue sounds upbeat -- she went to a friend's 80th birthday party yesterday, keeping well away from all the others in the garden, and only had a very small drink as she was ferrying her granddaughters home again (they're in her "bubble"). She had some plants delivered and her small garden is now looking colourful.
  • Morning all:

AQ:  Ha-ha!  Every day is April Fool's Day around here with Donald Trump.  Thing is, we have a rather large choice of fools... .  Melbourne outbreak made our national news last night; will they have to restrict access to the rest of the states (or is it territories?) around those twin towns where people need to go back and forth?

Lindybird:  Any idea what that gorgeous rose is called?  Glad Sue is doing better....

OG:  Hope your neural network is up and running sooner than later.

Painters are here and busy laying down a protective surface on the hall floor.... then off to get paint.  Masks all round; windows open and a goodly supply of wipes, sprays and sanitizer at hand.  It's all happening....

• ANNETTE A bit of info about red squirrels in the uk for you. Roughly 3/4 of the uk red squirrel population live in Scotland. We have noticed a big increase since we came here 25 years ago. The central belt have grey squirrels and there was a fear some years ago that they would move north and that we would lose our beloved reds. I am glad to say that has not happened.

LINDY love your pictures thank you, and also your poem.
  • Where did you find your brain OG? I think mine must be in the same place. It is certainly not here!

I love the flower pics, Lindy. I will try to learn how to do this myself - when I find my brain. I will probably have to wait until the granddaughter visits (whenever that is possible)

Wonderful to have red squirrels in your garden dibnlib.

Thanks for news everyone.
  • Won’t try to go over all recent posts, so will start after my previous short one.

LINDA – pleased to read that Sue is more cheerful after last week’s trauma. I did enjoy all those blooms – raindrops or not. Our Day Lilies started about three weeks ago – just the orange ones. Now the deeper red, shorter ones have started coming out too.

ANNETTE – no real neurological problem – just becoming slow in my old age! Pleased decorators came on time – how is your OH coping? Or should that be “How are you coping with your OH”?

DIBNLIB – an extra bit about the Red Squirrels – we have Red and Grey here and have had the dreaded pox – Greys are trapped and disposed of as a non-native species. Whereas most of the Highland Reds have blond undersides to their tails, ours in SW Scotland are mostly dark – supposedly because they were brought over from Scandinavia some long time ago – have not attempted to verify that!

ROSY – had to wait for brain to find itself – searching made it retreat further! I hope you can see your Granddaughter soon.

We had a note from the “Home Angels” who supplied our cleaner – we cancelled her as soon as I decided to be careful, a week before official lockdown. They want to start again next week (suitably wearing PPE etc). I am not happy to have them again yet, it still feels too hasty for me, so I need to email them. I really don’t want the same woman anyway – I don’t think she is bright enough to understand about viruses and contagion – and she wasn’t much good as a cleaner!

Another decision – we are stopping Wiltshire foods – quality has been deteriorating, too many items become unavailable etc. We have tried M&S traditional meals boxes – they are very good for what we need. Also, our butcher is excellent and delivers locally.

Well, sustained sensible thought for quite a while, so will stop at that!