Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 July 2020

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Stay healthy, all.

--------------------------------

Here's a repeat of my post at the end of last week's thread:

Hi, folks. I'm late in posting this, but for all of you who are still around tonight (4 July): 

HAPPY FULL MOON and LUNAR ECLIPSE!

The moon turns full at:

5:44 a.m. tomorrow morning (5 July) in U.K.
12:44 a.m. tonight in Indiana
11:44 a.m. tonight (July 4) in Iowa
9:44 a.m. tonight (July 4) in California 
2:14 p.m. on July 5 in Adelaide, Australia

ALSO: a Penumbral Lunar Eclipse is visible (July 4-5) in the U.S. and also in the U.K. Go to this link to find the times that the eclipse begins, reaches maximum, and ends in your area. Just insert your city in the search box in the right column to see your own local times. SEE HERE

Everyone have a good evening!!!

• Just a thought

Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things. (Kenneth Branagh)

• AQ:  Don't you hate days like that!?  Sorry about the wheezing, etc.....  hope it passes quickly.  I'm about to organize and then call some 'drag to the curb' stuff for our trash company.  Thing is, OH hasn't quite figured out that the chair he reads the morning newspaper in is among the items on the list.....   

Painters are due at the crack of 8 a.m. tomorrow.  I fear OH - a late sleeper - is not going to be a happy camper this week.... 

Good grief, I can hear some fireworks popping off in the distance.  Apparently, sheriffs in the next county are writing up fines of $1.000 per infraction.  

• ANNETTE - I wish you luck with chair. I have placed a tacky old chair in hard rubbish pile. OH was not exactly attached to chair (it is stored in garage) or previous owner (deceased aunt), so why keep it? I see you have another candidate for top job. Have I missed something – is it April first?

On a more serious note. In Melbourne numbers of new covid continue to rise and 2 deaths. From tomorrow border between NSW & VIC is closed unless a very good reason to cross. Permits to be applied for. About 55 crossings to be policed. The twin towns of Albury-Wodonga are on opposite sides of River Murray. People work, shop or visit docs, etc across either town.

• AQ - I was listening to reports from Melbourne last night. I think that I heard a complete lockdown for the tower blocks? Nobody allowed out of their apartment for any reason? Also heard that some of the residents very unhappy about the food that was being delivered, not in accordance with their religious/cultural requirements. And over fifty crossing points to police.

Regarding old chairs, etc - it was extremely difficult to persuade my dear OH to part with anything at all! Clothes, paperwork, ancient woodworking tools, bits of wood....
  • ROSY We regularly see them when walking in the woods which are only a minutes walk from home. This is the first time we have seen them in our garden apart from a one off a few years ago. it is such a thrill.
  • ANNETTE We only get red squirrels here. Must dash as meeting a friend for a walk in a few minutes.
  • Good Morning. Horribly damp and grey here, looks as if it might rain all day again. Why is it we get either too much rain or none at all?

My sympathies to AQ. Days like that are tiring in their frustration. At least you got rid of some stuff, in the end. We have various towns here where there are now spikes in the Covid figures, and it's not helping that people have to be told over & over what the new rules are, in each different country of UK, as each has its own.

My OH is a great flinger outer but not when it comes to his clothes. He's been wearing really old shirts & sweaters lately, some of the shirts I was thinking of cutting up for dusters but he put one on to go to golf and I burst out laughing, but he wouldn't take it off. "No one will see it under my other clothes" was the excuse. I hoped he wouldn't need to show it to anyone!