Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 July 2020

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Stay healthy, all.

--------------------------------

Here's a repeat of my post at the end of last week's thread:

Hi, folks. I'm late in posting this, but for all of you who are still around tonight (4 July): 

HAPPY FULL MOON and LUNAR ECLIPSE!

The moon turns full at:

5:44 a.m. tomorrow morning (5 July) in U.K.
12:44 a.m. tonight in Indiana
11:44 a.m. tonight (July 4) in Iowa
9:44 a.m. tonight (July 4) in California 
2:14 p.m. on July 5 in Adelaide, Australia

ALSO: a Penumbral Lunar Eclipse is visible (July 4-5) in the U.S. and also in the U.K. Go to this link to find the times that the eclipse begins, reaches maximum, and ends in your area. Just insert your city in the search box in the right column to see your own local times. SEE HERE

Everyone have a good evening!!!

• Hi Rosy; hope you're keeping well.

dibnlib:  That's so interesting about the gray squirrels not moving north; wonder what's behind that.....    I shall have to Google it...

Painters are currently having lunch in the garden.  Everything down the hall is swaddled in plastic, even the drawer my hairbrush is in.  Good thing I have one in the car too.  

• LINDA – Thank you for the beautiful flowers. Are the red ones day lilies?

OG – Do be careful. If you can manage without the cleaner, don’t have her.

HEATHER – The tower lockdowns are for protection, so residents don’t go out and spread the already spreading virus further. They are getting 2 weeks free rent, $1500 for those unable to go to work and $750 for non-workers. Food charities are delivering food, including vegetarian. Social workers, Red Cross, Salvos & similar are volunteering to help. And still they complain. Not only towers but whole suburbs are locked down to contain the outbreak. Yesterday Victoria recorded highest number of new cases since covid began.

ANNETTE – Borders not completely closed. People in twin towns can cross but they have to apply in advance for permits and have a good reason (work, school, health). Not that they prefer the sandwich from over the border! Planes & trains between Melbourne & Sydney cancelled.

I have finished my pile of library books. Sometime this week I shall go searching again. I must be getting picky (as my mother would say) in my old age, one was unreadable, another the print was too small, the third I had already read, fourth was great..

• If you eat well. . . and get lots of sleep. . .  and do exercise. . . and drink lots of water. . . you’ll die anyway! Open the wine.

I’m not fat. God gave me airbags because I’m precious.

I’m not sure if I washed the spider down the drain in my shower or if he took one look at me naked and then leapt willingly to his death.

• Like those quotes, AQ. No, not day lilies, crocosmia. Which my tablet keeps changing to "crocodile"....

Will put a pic of a day lily on tomorrow, it's midnight here so must switch off. Goodnight!
  • Hope you have a good night's sleep LINDA. I would like some of those crocosmia in my jungle. (Not the crocodile version LOL)

• Evening all:  Painters got a lot down and departed at 6 pm.  They'll be back tomorrow first thing.  Day was spent hanging about in case they had questions while simultaneously staying out of their way.

I Googled gray squirrels and found they carried a disease to which - perhaps - the red squirrels are developing an immunity, although that doesn't sound like the reason they've not gone to northern Scotland.  

AQ: Now I'm wondering what that fourth book was.  Can't imagine why something with 8 legs would find older ladies hard to look at!

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

• ANNETTE - The book is “Castle of the Eagles. Escape from Mussolini’s Colditz” by Mark Felton. The story of British & NZ officers (aged 42 to 63) who were determined to escape from the Italian POW castle where they were held.
  • Good Morning. Not a actually raining, yet! Grey misty cloudy.

AQ - That is such a great tale. They were so determined and resourceful.

Annette - Sounds as if you have good progress on the painting front. It will seem lovely and fresh afterwards.

Hoping to get lots of HW done this morning, whilst my OH is out golfing: he seems to interrupt me when he's here, although he doesn't do it deliberately - that's my excuse, anyway!
  • Not a happy bunny. My eldest son in law fertilized the grass in back garden. Now it is growing fast and my Mr Mow Blow and Go is saying that it must be cut weekly....
    OH always cut it weekly but at £20 a cut, I feel annoyed.
  • I've just sacked the gardener. He said that if I had a big BMW in my drive, he'd be charging me more. Nuff said. I won't be patronized or spoken to that way.....