'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Thank you, KORKY & CIRRUS, for the Hawfinch ID - don't think I've ever captured one before :)))

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    Hawfinch

Next day, the same bird in different light?  It came up from under the cam and flew without showing any more of itself.

Middle Spotted Woodpecker:

Boreal Ontario

I'm still keeping track of the Western Meadowlark, the little devil often forages on the ground and is sometimes difficult to ID.

The morning of the 24th was christened, very briefly, by a Red-breasted Nuthatch - it and the Black-capped Chickadee, Blue Jay and Gray Jay are frequent visitors that I take for granted.

Not seeing the woodpeckers so often these days.

The Gray Jay loves the "currant bun", it pulls it up with its tiny talons and pulls out morsels with its tiny beak, nearly all the currants have gone now:

Pine Grosbeaks M/F:

We don't see the Pine Grosbeaks for days on end, then they'll come several times, and in numbers, in a day.  They quite often buzz each other away, as with one female on another here:

IMAGICAT

• Lovely lovely captures - what a delight. Must just 'do' the video now :) Terrific captures of the handsome Hawfinch

Wish i had a woody P come and eat my fat balls. Have to make do with the starlings and a couple of magpies (oh, and the robin)

• ©Rescue Station MAKOV

The otter's pond got emptied, cleaned and refilled - Ottie couldn't wait for the worker to finish:

Evening:

I shan't post any more otter unless something unusual occurs.

The disabled swans from the big pond had a walkabout:

Next morning, the little boar accompanied the worker and the cat turned up - we've seen this cat being fed mice at the pond dish (the boar came again the nest day):

Later in the day, a big clean-up around the feeder:

Partial view of the Hawfinch, it stayed feeding for over 6 minutes:

IMAGICAT

• OwlGuy Paul Yorke's Barred Owl with 2 owlets - I cannot find a location.

He has 4 cams on one screen so it's not terribly friendly from my point of view - this is about one-twentieth of the screen:

IMAGICAT

• Does anyone know if any of the Loch Garten webcams are going to be switched back on? We've not had an osprey nest cam since 2019 when of course, EJ didn't return. We used to have the feeder cam and I think had a mammal cam briefly.
  • I shan't be focusing on the Barred Owl but this was presented to me during the last download:

©Rescue Station MAKOV

Two Hawfinches!

One actually ventured to the walnut box:

The Greylag Goose and the young Boar.

If my caption is incorrect, I'll have to delete the video and redo it Hushed

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:
    Does anyone know if any of the Loch Garten webcams are going to be switched back on? We've not had an osprey nest cam since 2019 when of course, EJ didn't return. We used to have the feeder cam and I think had a mammal cam briefly.

Prompted partly by the same questions you pose, partly by finding Carnyx.tv website still not resurged (I keep checking), I wrote to Peter-Carnyx on the 11th of this month - the reason for the delay in responding to you, Korky, is that I've been checking thru my Inbox to make sure I haven't heard back from him, a mammoth task, and it seems that I have not.

IMAGICAT

• Thank you scylla for asking
  • Thanks, Scylla, hope that Peter is well and that you hear from him soon. Perhaps another note to him? Sometimes folk do not receive messages or they are thrown into their spam and not recovered.

Kind regards, Ann