'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Unknown said:
    Perhaps another note to him?

I don't think anyone realises how timid I actually am - it took a lot of self-persuading to write the first email, I daren't do a second.

In the meantime - anyone else seen a "fogbow"?

twitter.com/.../1

IMAGICAT

• ©Rescue Station MAKOV

I know I said I wouldn't post more otter, but here s/he was chomping on one of the several fish pieces thrown in:

How different the 2 Siskins look - and it took me a while to ID the Greenfinch, they always mystify me cos I forget them in between sightings:

Such lovely colours:

Hoggie was feeding at the deer feeder:

A unicorn Hushed Hushed Hushed

Apologising to much-ignored Nuthatch Kissing heart

IMAGICAT

• ©CumbriaWildlifeTrust

Having possibly found a link buried in their source codes, I may be downloading their feeder cam, but it's a bit late in the day to be sure: no birds, so it may be a still picture.  Also, it's a bit distant so I'll have the same prob as with Arne etc.

IMAGICAT

• ©CumbriaWildlifeTrust

Got a Blue Tit before nightcam:

Then a Robin but it was too blurry by that time.

After nightcam - MICE!  They were there a long time in several sessions, this is 4x speed and roughly edited for your brief amusement:

I presume we'll keep this thread going for odds 'n sods until LG is either back online or clarified or whatever.

IMAGICAT

• We've done new threads for LoTL, Poole Harbour and Glaslyn.  Louis and Aila aren't due back till April, that will be under control Blush 

Dyfi is due to open today, yay!  Just checked, no cam yet, but I'll do a thread (unless something goes wrong in the next half-hour) to be ready for scenery, corvids, buzzards, kestrels, owls, etc.  Last season Telyn returned to the Dyfi on 02 April (if my vid upload date is representative)

IMAGICAT

• I've omitted RUTLAND Hushed  

KAREN !!! should be here soon, I do hope she is fighting fit for the new season, her service here to Rutland is unsurpassed Kissing heart

IMAGICAT

• Many many thanks for all your hard work and organisation on our behalf Scylla. Really enjoyed the little videos . and hope you got my hazel catkin text
  • Unknown said:
    hope you got my hazel catkin text

I did!  I was trying to remember how to send it to my laptop to view it better, I just couldn't tell what it was.  Lovely photo, thank you Cirrus Kissing heart

©CumbriaWildlifeTrust

Similarly, I can't see detail on their feeder cam so am giving up with it.  However, I do believe there were long-tailed tits early morning, that would be my first live sighting:

There was a lovely pale grey squirrel with a reddy brown face:

A pheasant was pottering beneath several hours, except when the jackdaws (I think) took over.

©Rescue Station MAKOV

Could this have been a Marsh Tit?  (First a dark Siskin, how they vary!)

More housekeeping!

Hardly ever see the crows on the feeder, last time was when one tipped off the big bun thing, this time it's the curly morsel that no-one's wanted for days:

IMAGICAT

• Loved the deer ''ramage''' vid.. And dunno about the march tit - couldn't see nape of neck or judge its size very well , it all happened so fast for my eyes to focus.
    Enjoyed all the pics. Thank you Scylla
  • Unknown said:
    Loved the deer ''ramage''' vid

That's a new one on me, embarrassingly.  This was the most succinct definition list I found:

As for the possible Marsh Tit - found on Widipedia "Its close resemblance to the willow tit can cause identification problems."  Aha!

YouTube's red line drives me nutz, it's so difficult to get rid of, even when one's mouse has been set well aside of the framework Persevere 

Couldn't see much of the nape here either.

IMAGICAT