'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• South Finland

20 January

Wake-up and get-go time for Blue Tit:

At this time the picture had been reset back to showing all the cams - how clear this is, considering how small it was Open mouth

Orava (squirrel, cos I speak Finnish now ;) ) on 2 cams:

Tactical error - I thought I'd wait for the cam to be bigger before snapping the Crestie - but it didn't come back during that time, only after it went smaller again Tired face

IMAGICAT

• Boreal Ontario

19 January

I landed on this, just like that!

And another treat!  So glad I didn't skip this day, when in the late afternoon the Western Meadowlark deigned to use the feeder:

20 January

Much more of the Western Meadowlark, s/he was on the feeder, as well as on the ground, several times!

Early on in the morning s/he was on the feeder for nearly 14 minutes - here's a short representation of that, followed by some Common Redpolls:

Surprise visit from an Evening Grosbeak, who spent a few minutes on the rim of the feeder, nibbling:

Wicked wind!

IMAGICAT

• About a dozen Rainbow Lorikeets came back while Daisy was on a break, they stayed about 35 minutes.

Later, the Twitch cam changed over to a different one and focused on a pair of Galah trying to eat a tree ;)

Galah - Wikipedia

About half-past midnight on the 21st the Brushtail Possum was up 'n down the tree on the Twitch cam but appeared not to interfere with Daisy - she was alert but not displaced.

During the day one of the Sea Eagles visited the tree while Daisy was gone Open mouth

Daisy is still away from the nest at this moment.

IMAGICAT

• South Finland

All the cams were black overnight.

The only birds I've seen so far have been Great Tit, Great Spotted Woodpecker, and the Crestie - and because the cam encompasses such a wide view it's very difficult to... do what I try to do, so I shall be discontinuing it due to stress.

This and similar cams, like Arne for instance, are great for bird-watching but not for doing "what I try to do".

This morning, highly lightened...

Pretty squirrel:

Obvious:

Obvious Hugging

IMAGICAT

• The Grosbeaks are so lovely! And great snaps and frames Scylla. Thank you
  • Lovely updates Scylla, thank you so much for all the effort you put in, in order to share with us all. the wee blue tit is amazing, what detail. they two guy's were very good checking the egg, I would not like to be too near that beak!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Just dropped by the Finnish webcam (thanks scylla) and delighted to see the helpful cam person focused on the crestie eating from the Coco Pops bowl

(c) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Y0aSS8DZ8&feature=emb_imp_woyt

• Great shot, KORKY !!!

Me having said I've only seen Great Tits etc, look what happened then!

Eurasian Bullfinch:

Blue & Great Tits:

Then the Blue Tit decided to have an early night (afternoon) but took absolutely ages to get its bedroom in order - was there an unwanted guest inside?

IMAGICAT

• Lovely bullfinch snaps scylla.
    No pip yet in Harriet and M15's eggs in south Florida