'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Former Contributor
    Former Contributor 24/10/2020 17:09 in reply to Korky
    Thanks very much Scylla for posting that video of the refurbished visitor centre. I've been wondering for a long while how things were progressing. I regularly read & enjoy your forum and look at the centres diary section but the last entry from Jess was in May. Where did you discover the video? Hopefully a pair of ospreys will occupy the nest once more next spring.
  • BlueSky said:
    Where did you discover the video?

I'm subscribed to the YouTube channel - and after YT stopped sending out notifications of uploads on channels we're subscribed to (where we've clicked the notification 'bell' to get emails) I set up an RSS* feed and that video was at the top of the list when I opened it up the other day.

*I had been on the YT "protest" thread, which got 3000+ posts, and saw someone there suggesting the workaround, so I found an extension for Firefox. Only thing is, it lists videos for every channel one has ever subscribed to, not just the ones one has asked for emails for, so one can get overwhelmed.   I bet one wanted to know that Grin

Under the video:

IMAGICAT

• Former Contributor
    Former Contributor 25/10/2020 08:54
    Thanks for explaining that, Scylla, it does sound very complicated. You were lucky to find it. Good job you know what you are doing.
  • The season is kicking off again in Dunedin, NZ for the albatross.

This is one of the albatross pairs seen on the #RoyalCam so far.  Today’s picture of GLG (female, 10 yrs) and RLK (male, 8 yrs).   Nest building has commenced.

(c) DOC/Cornell

• The Sydney White-bellied Sea Eagles got a visit from some Sulphur-crested Cockatoos, one gave a close-up:

I'm following this nest (which has an unfortunate semi-crippled eaglet remaining on it) over on Wildlife on the Web.

IMAGICAT

• On my tablet so it won't be posh, but I spent a lot of the afternoon watching seals and pups on the Isle of May. BBC live cam for Autumn watch 2020, starting tomorrow. It has two main bases, with Chris Packham and Megan in the New Forest, and Tentsmuir as the main base. It starts tomorrow. It's been lovely listening to the noises!

Live cam  www.bbc.co.uk/.../c6b5d4

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• SheilaFE said:

I spent a lot of the afternoon watching seals and pups on the Isle of May. BBC live cam for Autumn watch 2020, starting tomorrow. It has two main bases, with Chris Packham and Megan in the New Forest, and Tentsmuir as the main base. It starts tomorrow. It's been lovely listening to the noises!

Live cam  www.bbc.co.uk/.../c6b5d4

Wow! Thanks so much for the link! Just seen the badger emerge and also enjoyed watching the moving tummies of the seals!

• SheilaFE said:
    On my tablet so it won't be posh

Well no wonder it's taken me 50+ live snaps to get these few recognisable ones, then - it's just not a good enough link !!! Grin 

The baby had just finished a meal, its mother left and the baby proceeded to bathe in the shallow water:

It took a while to twig that these were all the same brand of bird ;)

And the Blue Tit was the most elusive, fast and furious!

I've had to shut it down !!!

BTW - I've tried every-which-way to download the streams but cannot!

IMAGICAT

• In Alan Petrie's Sightings thread the "simply Alan" posted a link to a super osprey nest painting by Ian Rendall and I noticed that one of that painter's followers was an admirable young wildlife artist, Andrew Edginton, whom I'd only recently discovered on Twitter, he does wildlife paintings among other things and I thought I'd spread him here.  Scroll down for a wonderful Cormorant.

IMAGICAT