Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 December 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full on 12 December (11 December for you, Annette and bjane), and it's called the "Cold Moon." 

Everyone have a wonderful week and don't stress over the upcoming holiday. 

• Yes, Forrest Gump, ANNETTE!
    I really must get out tomorrow, got cabin fever. Big supermarket beginning with T has sent me a voucher giving £10 off if I spend £50. Too good to miss as I need lots of grocery items for festive entertaining. Eight of us on Christmas Day and fourteen on Boxing Day. Youngest son in law's parents will be joining us, as usual, on the 26th.
  • Heather:  I'll forward your thanks about Forrest Gump to Lindybird, who I think came up with that.  :-)

• OH enjoyed his lunch - 3 courses for £6 - subsidised by Carers. He went for the traditional menu and said it was all good. I was fine during lunch but "came over funny" before he came home. I seem okay now. Due injection (self administered) tomorrow, so maybe my body was just looking for it!

Was busy with some planning this morning, otherwise haven't done much. Christmas cards are slowly trickling in - one death and a few nasty conditions announced so far! Everyone is getting older.
  • OG --- The Christmas card experience is much the same here. We had five cards in one day on Tuesday, probably because they'd been posted the previous Saturday, I guess, but other days, just one at a time. And some saying that they're "not bad for their age" referring to health, but no deaths yet this year.

The couple my OH visited this afternoon said that the lady concerned was planning for her birthday party -- she is 100 next year!! Now rather frail, of course.

Heather, no worries over film titles. I can't remember my own name half the time, but I'm a big Tom Hanks fan. That's a lot of entertaining at Christmas.
  • Annette: Thank you for the information on The Guardian. I would have thanked you sooner, but I had to walk up to the bank and I also had to drag out my tire pump and put air in my car tire that had leaked during that polar vortex cold spell.

All: When I walked to town, I saw R.T. Hawk's mate. She soared over me. I recognize her because she's a light morph--very pale. She's also bigger than he is. 

• Brave NZ military have retrieved 6 bodies from volcano. No word yet on remaining two. Most Aussies have been flown back to Sydney or Melbourne hospitals for continuing treatment. Adelaide family – mother critical, father dead, teenager missing.
  • Managed to write C cards at the beginning of the week and posted today. OH also went to post a small presi to a friend and the PO was closed due to the system going down. Hope its up and running tomorrow as need to post it.

Orderd rest of the Chrristmas presents today and those I ordered at the beginning of the week are beginning to arrive.
    Just got all the wrapping to do . Before we know it Christmas will be here and gone. Still got to marzipan and ice cake (bought one of Morrisons best fruit cakes) which I'll titivate up. Bought at baby one for son. Couldn't really be bothered this year to make one.

Sat afternoon - sing-along Christmas carols at the Parish Church in the village where I go to church and where Dau goes to. Should be a pleasant afternoon. Really miss singing in the church choir but 9am service was just that bit too early.

See the authorities in NZ were hoping to recover bodies still on White Island, let's hope they can.

Take care all have a good weekend.
  • Annette: I'm watching live streaming, free coverage from ITV on YouTube. I don't know about the political perspective of ITV, but they do seem to present coverage from all over the U.K, including Scotland.